Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Private

Default Skin Types

Hi there, Im curious about peoples ideas on working with super stretchy skin. Im not just talking about areas that you know are going to be stretchy, but persons with skin that is stretchy pretty much everywhere. My husband (and tattoo guinea pig) has extremely stretchy skin. Aside from stretching to tattoo I have also thinned some of my inks or used thinner brands. The thinning seems to help a lot, any other suggestions or similar experiences. Thanks ahead of time for the feedback everyone.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Skin Types

hahaha.....I have a client that could easily double for stretch armstrong. This guy apparently lost a bunch of weight years ago, and now his skin is ridiculously stretchy. The viscosity of the ink didn't really do much for me. Thick or thin, same results. All I can say is a good 3 point stretch and some patience will go a long way. Take your time putting the ink in and you should be just fine.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

yah, lining on somebody like that is a b1tc4!!!!! but i like to use round mags, it seems to help with everything.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

The hellraiser effect comes to mind. Chains with hooks on each wall, attach to each corner of the client and create a trampoline of skin LMAO

But yes 3 point stretch, client positioning is key for things like that. Slow your speed down, dont`t rush. I wouldn`t be thining the inks at all, unless they were drying in the cap.

Your mentor should`ve taught you this during your apprenticeship.

Have you got a link to any of your work?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitetattoo View Post
The hellraiser effect comes to mind. Chains with hooks on each wall, attach to each corner of the client and create a trampoline of skin LMAO

But yes 3 point stretch, client positioning is key for things like that. Slow your speed down, dont`t rush. I wouldn`t be thining the inks at all, unless they were drying in the cap.

Your mentor should`ve taught you this during your apprenticeship.

Have you got a link to any of your work?
The only ones I was thinning was a purple (moms I thinks?) but that's the only one of moms I have and its very thick. I usually use Starbrite, and I have some Eternal inks also. The thing is, yes, I did learn about stretching; but with my husband sometimes I just get frustrated. When I'm working on clients I'm more focused. I know that sounds bad.

-Links should be below. Let me know what you think. I haven't been tattooing very long (at least not in my opinion). Thanks guys.

http://www.myspace.com/6318801/photo...2185797?page=1
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Field Marshal

you may want to try longer tapered needles. it helps a bit. a friend of mine has skin like rubber, i've literally seen the needle just bounce off his skin. i have to stretch him to the point of my fingers hurting. now i just throw ink covered darts at him when he wants a tattoo, lol...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Corporal

hahaha........try lawn darts for more saturation!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

use a fork!!!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 04-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
use a fork!!!!!
in a repeated downward stabbing motion!!!!! Don't forget to wrap the prongs in thread. Holds the ink better!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
you may want to try longer tapered needles. it helps a bit. a friend of mine has skin like rubber, i've literally seen the needle just bounce off his skin. i have to stretch him to the point of my fingers hurting. now i just throw ink covered darts at him when he wants a tattoo, lol...
I like that I'm gonna start using this method. hahaha

http://www.myspace.com/6318801/photo...2185797?page=1

Tags
skin, types