Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Topshelftattoo

Default Re: Black inks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooing_the_stars View Post
but overall the eternal ink is good?
i use the eternal triple black for outlines and and solid color holy smoke for b and g and dig both
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

xtraevil6666, where could one acquire some of this "Tony Bennetts Black" ?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

I havent tried it yet,.. but I have heard from more then one person that the new "Double Sumi" from Kuro Sumi is really f@#king dark.
... ( y )
Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 AM
General JackHammer
Corporal

i use sumi ink and the grey wash you can break the grey wash down pretty good... i also use the eternal as well. but in my opinion the eternal kinda has a bluish tint when it heals.... that just my 2 cents
Old 03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Corporal

Never really noticed Eternal bluing, however when I used Talons a few years ago, I saw that it would.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
General JackHammer
Corporal

talons does, i don't use that anymore..
Old 03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Corporal

Yea, I went from Talons, to Kuro Sumi, to Eternal, I liked the Sumi, but got a full rack of Eternals about a year ago, and really liked their black. (like I said in an earlier post though, what works for 1 doesn't always work for another)
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
General JackHammer
Corporal

So true....
Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Private

personally i swear by one...
i started off with kiro sumi and made the switch to one about a year ago.
i have also heard of people "double boiling" talons but i have never tried to go that far... kingpin's one has been great.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Corporal

I tried "One" for about 2 days , and I think I was just running my machines way too hard at that point, and with that ink being BLACK it kinda blew out on a few lines, so I was scared to use it anymore (it was most likely my machines fault though). I know a few folks that love it though.

Tags
black, inks