Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Private

Default Paco Rollins liner capacitor? wtf

So about a year ago i bought a semi mag liner from paco rollins. didnt really care for the way that it ran. I didnt seem to be able to put lines in well with it and so i set it aside. I recently tore it apart to paint the frame and got to looking at it figured I would try to get it running. Then i noticed that there is a 47uf capacitor on it. kindof odd

Is that how his liners are set up generally or did he accidentally send me a shader?

That said, the spring is really really short and tiny like a cutback so that doesnt make much sense either
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Private

Default Re: Paco Rollins liner capacitor? wtf

can someone who has one of these check and see what capacitor is on theirs? thanks
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Private

why not just ask Paco. he's very helpful
Old 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Recruit

maybe so its hits softer, is it setup mid-long stroke?
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Recruit

Tattoogirl,
The 47uf cap is standard on all Paco machines. As for the springs, the short spring is also standard on a Semi-Mag Cut Back Liner. It's the most aggressive machine in the lineup and a very common issue is that some people get nervous about giving their Paco machines enough voltage to perform correctly. The semi mag liner doesn't typically hit its stride until around 9-10 volts, sometimes higher depending on the setup. If you're having trouble with your machine, please call us directly @ 206-356-5298 and Paco will be happy to troubleshoot your machine. Sorry I was so late on this. Hope that helps.

-James Clapperton
Paco Rollins Tattoo Machines
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Recruit

I just ordered a Paco Rollins semi mag shader from Kingpin yesterday. Totally jazzed to try it.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Recruit

Excellent, Mr. Natural. Let me know how you like it. They're a great machine. Some people need a minute to get used to them. Drop me a line if you have any questions.
-James
Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesClapperton View Post
Excellent, Mr. Natural. Let me know how you like it. They're a great machine. Some people need a minute to get used to them. Drop me a line if you have any questions.
-James
awesome. thank you. It's good to see a good presense on the forum for tech questions and what not. some companies can be nearly impossible to reach someone when there is an issue. I hate that.

Tags
capacitor, liner, paco, rollins, wtf