Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Recruit

Smile Take a look!! Pitbull Needs Rehoming ASAP!

I have been trying to post this under the Pitbull rescue area on here but it won't let me so I figure this will have to do, sorry!! I have been trying to rehome my pitbull for over a year now and have not had any luck! I raised this dog since she was three days old and she is going to be two on Nov 19. She is a great family pet that loves my kids to pieces, and gets along with my two other dogs also. The problem is she is becoming dominant and getting kind of aggressive about it and I honestly do not know what I am doing or what to do. That being said I know I cannot give her what she needs, I'm just not strong enough pack leader, and I honestly get nervous because I know what she is capable of. The aggression that she is showing is towards other random dogs that she doesn't know and she and one of my dogs that I had before her are getting into little fights every now and again. She got loose yesterday and went after a man's dog that he was walking past my house. The dog was fine and she didn't make it bleed or anything but just that is unacceptable and the people in my area want her gone etc. including my husband. I do feel that if she wanted to kill that man's dog she probably could/would have. So it might sound bad but it made me feel relief that she wasn't that aggressive because to me it shows that it's not reached that point and she can be a great family pet someday to a person with more knowledge of the breed and time. She is very protective of me and my family, honestly she is the only thing in this house that makes me feel safe when my husband is gone, he is a U.S Marine so he leaves a lot for work. Also the military has now banned this breed from all bases, so I cannot even say in a year when we leave here and get relocated that I would be able to have her if we end up living on base. I really just need someone to help me asap with her because I am nervous if I don't do something quickly she is only going to get worse and then someone or something could really get hurt, not to mention it just isn't fair to her. There is much more to say about her and if you want to know more or to see some pics then please call me or email me at 770-737-2800/tracybeck816@yahoo.com She is a great dog and would make someone a great pet, please help me rehome her!! Thanks so much for your time
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Private

Default Re: Take a look!! Pitbull Needs Rehoming ASAP!

Oh! I hope she finds a good place to live in. I'd take her if I had a decent place for her...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Recruit

Thanks so much for the consideration Also thanks for the fact that you aren't offering to take her knowing you couldn't provide her what she needs... that is one thing that I am afraid of is that I will give her to someone thinking they can give her what she needs and then that turning out to not be the case. I am not the best for her right now being that I am not a very strong pack leader, but at least I know I am giving her love and the best care that I can. I have one person out of everyone I have contacted in over a year helping me! She can't rehome my pitbull but she is at least helping me by posting her picks/story and getting it out to the people she knows. I need all the help I can get right now!! I want to post pics of her on here but I don't know how, anyone know how to post pictures on here?? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Platoon Sargent

or you could get her fixed..........aggressive problem solved....
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Recruit

She is spayed and has been for a while... she is just a dominant dog that needs a strong pack leader, and I have tried my hardest to be that leader and I just really don't know how to become that because she still has these few issues... Even if I am or was able to fix the problems she has I still have to get her a home because of my husband’s job as a Marine and the ban that is up against pitbulls being on bases.

I don't believe in breeding pitbulls, I think they are way overpopulated and it's sad that people just keep breeding them over and over really for a majority of the litters to eventually one day end up in a shelter... Really it's all of what you see in a shelter anymore and it's just sad! So thanks for the idea but I've already taken care of it!! She would be a great dog for the right person, like for me she is great except the issue of her with dogs she doesn't know... which she has met other dogs (my mom's, and my brother's) which one is a 120lb Rottweiler and the other a 80lb German shepherd and she was nervous/barking at first but after a while she calmed down and they were all running around together etc. So it's not that she is this bad dog, even then when introducing her to another dog I really am not sure of how to properly do that and I get extremely nervous which probably could be why it is a little stressful at first. I try really hard to be in control and not get nervous but it never works. So I think that if I get her with someone that knows the right ways of doing these things and someone who doesn’t get nerved up easily, she will turn around quickly; and then all the other great qualities she has added to that, she will be a good family dog!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Platoon Sargent

In wish I could take her.....your right about the shelter comment too......pitbulls are a dime a dozen anymore......

Tags
asap, pitbull, rehoming