Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Default Worth a shot...

In lue of my previous post a couple weeks back, where i threw a crybaby poopoo fit, i have taken the time to reflect on my actions and have come to realize that i cant stop thinking about tattooing, so dropping out of the industry just seems dumb.

id like to thank conor for verbally smacking me and helping me come to this realization lol, youre an alright guy conor, cheers.

anyway,
I am currently seeking employment, full time if available, willing to relocate if applicable. I began my apprenticeship January 2002 at Tattooarama in Henderson, TN. After completing my apprenticeship, I continued to work at Tattooarama until May 2009, I then went to work at Budo Tattoo in Jackson, TN. November 12, 2009 the owner returned from a trip to Los Angeles and announced he was closing the shop and moving to L.A.. I am looking to further my career in the tattoo industry, but prospects in my area are slim to none. I am also proficient in a few software programs including Photoshop and a couple of 3D modeling programs. My main media choice outside of tattooing would be graphite pencil and Prismacolors, would like to try acrylic and oil painting eventually.
I am licensed in the state of Tennessee and certified in Blood Borne Pathogens. I have my own machines, tubes, needles, gloves, stool, wash bottles, and lamp. I do not own my own chair, station or inks.
I am 39 years old, married and have two children. I am not looking to be a "rockstar", I simply want to be the best I can be and enjoy what I do, although a little recognition and appreciation from time to time couldn't hurt. I am a pretty humble guy, a homebody when I am not working. I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, drawing, and playing on the computer when I can. I am a smoker and I drink on occasion socially. If I had to list my biggest fault it would be that I am extremely critical of my own work, good enough is never good enough.
If there are any other questions that I may answer please feel free to contact me.
thank you for your time.
Scott Barriger
http://www.inkednation.com/rsbarriger
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Worth a shot...

aww shucks! Welcome back! I didn't say anything you didn't already know! Keep the faith and keep it up. We ALL go through it!!!! How far are you from Chattanooga or cleveland tn? I got friends in low places!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

im west of chattanooga, judging by mapquest i can drive there in 4-5 hrs, but i always make the trip faster than mapquest allows lol. thanks for the help, it is appreciated.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
im west of chattanooga, judging by mapquest i can drive there in 4-5 hrs, but i always make the trip faster than mapquest allows lol. thanks for the help, it is appreciated.
well if you ever make it that way, ill toss in the words for ya. otherwise, if you are ever in florida, you can spot here! word!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

cool man, i saw your post in the dalton ga thread, i may just snail mail those guys portfolio copies and resume, see if i get a bite.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
cool man, i saw your post in the dalton ga thread, i may just snail mail those guys portfolio copies and resume, see if i get a bite.
they all have myspaces too, if you got one, you can link that too. save ya a buck on postage.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
they all have myspaces too, if you got one, you can link that too. save ya a buck on postage.
Gotta do snail mail. Wife's a carrier and it pays for me to make my AON visits!! 5th sitting later this month.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Field Marshal

i saw your post on inkednation, we're hiring. we just got jon jon, caroline evans and have a bunch more applying.

2 of our guys quit in the last month. at first it seemed like a crappy thing, but after seeing the talent that we've recruited, i'm really excited about the coming year. give us a call @ 732-872-4092
Old 12-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

cool, give me an hour or so, my cell phones charging.

Tags
shot, worth