Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control
Default Tattooing Newbies ETHICS?????

So just woundering if anyone else has done this, out here

So im in the shop a few days ago and a walk in with 1 really crapy tattoo on his upper arm, 19 years old and WTF DID HE WANT

HIS f@#kING NECK DONE, I of course like anyother client asked him why and he could not give me a good enough ryhme or reason other then it will be cool as to like prove his man hood

and I explained to him that he should comit to some other areas before getting very noticable, Uncoverable area done and out of respect for the Industry, art and him that i would not do it untill he got at least a sleeve first and if he still wanted it after i would be happy to do it,

Then like a little 19yr old know it all blah blah blah but you have one blah blah blah a storms out, Then my boss gets all pissy at me for doing that,

Then yesterday the little f@#ker shows up with a hacked up tattoo on his neck, then i told him wow that looks like a 3 year old did it!!! wow don't listen and he told me he got t in a shop!!!!!

WTF is wrong with people??????

Does a slopping economy mean we should trample our ethics to make a quick Buck???? Im really at a loss for words lately thoughts???

Last edited by SJRabbit; 10-03-2009 at 06:45 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Tattooing Newbies ETHICS?????

I'll try to talk people into getting it elsewhere, but let's face it... if they want it bad enough they're just gonna go get it somewhere else. Better off at least giving them a decent tattoo.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

I`m the same as Deran, I`ll try and talk them into a different location and try to talk them into a bigger and better idea than the one they gave me. The client does get the final say in the matter, but it never hurts to try to talk them into better pieces to get..........i tell them its like telling a mechanic how to fix your car, i`m the professional and i feel this would be the best option for you bla bla bla.

But I too refuse to tattoos on hands and necks if they haven`t got a large amount of tattoos done already. But no matter how hard you try a know it all teenager will never listen anyway. Wait a few months and he`d probley come back and get you to fix the s&!t one he got.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Field Marshal

yeah i tryed to talk him into at least getting something some where else, but was just seeing if i am wrong for refusing neck and hands on blank people
Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Field Marshal

guess im not there are plenty of bad Tattoo's rolling around the world and mostly on the masses of dumies not listening to the artist
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Corporal

Jason Goldberg (olde city tattoo phila, BL13) has a "told ya one rule"

If he thinks its a bad idea and refuses and yo come back for it, he'll do it.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:30 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

hate to say it, but at the end of the day i still got bills to pay. maybe you dont and you can refuse work, but i gotta get paid. i try to talk people out of stupid s&!t all the time. but if they want their girlfriends name, or a neck tatty, or "f@#k off" on their knuckles (ive done that one) who am i to say no. i get everyone in the shop in on it too. i have my boss explain the same things i just told them. but in the end we are in a service industry and we dont get paid to not tattoo.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Field Marshal

dude i gotta pay the bills too, but i guess the olny reason i still refuse is cause the whole deal of we stay with our cleints for life and i don't wanna be the guy that gave the chick some kat von d stars on her face and she can't find a normal job now and hates me for eternity cause i tryed to talk her out of it and still did it, i rather be the guy that they come back too, cause thats how all our bills get payed is by repeat and refurral. i guess im just a little too old school for dumb ass teens hahahaha
Old 10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

but you also gotta look at if you dont do it, who will? you say no and she gets stars tattooed on her face by johnny d**kbag in his basement. we have all seen that scenario. this debate will go on forever, its just the level of comfort that you feel with your clients. as in how far you are willing to tattoo them...for the record though, no face tattoos. no way, no how.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Well, here comes a rant... We've got an artist who started in our shop about a month ago who has his neck and hands tattooed, both are awful tattoos, and almost nothing else. by my count he's got like 6 pieces all together. He got his neck tattooed in another shop, the rest came either from him tattooing himself or he's gotten them since he started at the shop. His tattoos are decent, and his Line work is clean, but I've got a bit of a problem with him tattooing walk ins. He's been Tattooing since January, but he was just a self taught scratcher until the owner gave him a job at our shop, he's 20, never been through the ringer, and never scrubbed a tube in his short life. In my personal opinion I think he should be pushed into acting like an apprentice, and it kinda pisses me off especially since he got a walk in on a Full Back Piece. I'm sitting here barely scraping by because I have to prove myself to the boss, but this kid is allowed to do whatever he wants... total wtf moment. anyway, I'm not really sure what to do, any advice guys?

and Yeah, I turn down hand and neck tattoos unless they're regular clients or heavily tattooed.

On another note, I got tattooed with a Hawk 2 weeks ago. That s&!t Hurts, I'll never own one of those things, and the damn tattoo is STILL healing. Normally my heal time is about 8 days. Plus it looks worse than the other tattoos that were done by the same artist on me. Once it's finally all healed I'll post pictures so you guys can pick it apart. But yeah, I definetly don't recommend letting these machines near your skin. the Mags tore me up. f@#k Hawks.

Tags
ethics, newbies, tattooing