Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Web Sensei
Corporal

Default My dog bit the mail lady.

So today started with some excitement.

I had let my dogs out to do their thing and I was eating my breakfast when I heard the mail truck pull up, then I hear one of my dogs barking so I book it to the front door and get outside just in time to see her jump her fat ass back into the mail truck (she was in my yard) and him jump up and nip her on the hand (I think she swatted at him). It was a very minor spot at worst.

I apologized profusely, and got her a bandaid (yes, that small) and a napkin, she had to call her supervisor and file a report (which I understand) - this is the part that gets me, when she gets off the phone with the supervisor she said to me 'I'm normally afraid to come to your door because they seem so ferocious!'. Ferocious? Seriously?

A little while later the Walton County Sheriff shows up and we discuss the incident, I keep referring to it as a 'nip', and he agrees. Animal Control shows up and asks to see his vaccination tag, I show him, then he wants to see the dog and he is just as pleasant and playful as always. Tail wagging, big grin, just general 'happy dog'. The animal control guy makes a joke to the Sheriff 's&!t, if this dog big her, she'd be missing a hand'.

So now I have to have him quarantined for 10 days at either animal control or at my personal vet (no way I'm letting one of my children go to animal control for 10 days) so they can observe him and make sure he doesn't have rabies. At least I don't have to have him put down or anything, but still - the fat b1tc4 was IN MY YARD AND SWATTED AT MY DOG. He is a 100 lb Rottweiler / Australian Cattle Hound mix, he was protecting his property.

Worst he's ever done was stand at the edge of the yard and bark at people for getting near 'his' yard.

Chris
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: My dog bit the mail lady.

That sucks man....hope it all works out for you. I'm betting a 10 day stay at a vet will be pricey.

Best of luck with this.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

sorry to hear about your day. that sucks

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Topshelftattoo

if he was protectin his place and she was twichy and fearful he picked up on her reaction. she probally was provoking himm w/o knowing.she deals w/ dogs every day she should know better
Old 05-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Recruit

First of all I really hope your dog is going to be ok. But honestly unless your front yard is fenced its your fault not the womens or the dog. You where inside while your dogs where outside unsupervised...espeically a 100lb dog. Like I said if your front yard is fenced thats a different story.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Web Sensei
Corporal

It was totally my fault, I agree with that part. The front yard is not fenced in, and the other dog was chained in the back yard (his brother who has a tendency to wander), 98% of the time he just chills in the back yard and they chase each other around. He almost never comes to the front yard.

One of the traits of the Australian Cattle Dog is that they herd things, it's in their breeding, and it's one of the few ACD traits that this particular dog exhibits (versus the other dog, Loki, who looks like an ACD and acts like one - Aleister looks like a Rottweiler and acts like one other than the herding thing)
Old 05-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Topshelftattoo

get him check the mail lady could e dirty. she is a carrier! sorry cheesy but had to be done
Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 AM
Corporal

Sorry to hear that bro. I guess you do need to cover my shift next week for some OT.. Atleast animal control and the sheriff sounded like they were cool about it.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:16 AM
Web Sensei
Corporal

Yeah, I talked to the bossman already and I'll be covering for you next Thursday.

They were pretty cool. The animal control dude had to weigh about 350 though, and was out of breath walking between the cars. Kinda suprised me to be honest.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Field Marshal

hahahahahaha

man I know you must be missin your dog something serious!!! im sending my love via messageboard style bro

Tags
bit, dog, lady, mail