Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: so I need some interview questions! help a brotha out!

that is awesome - yaaaaaaaaaaaay JOHN LLOYD! -

"Where do you keep coming up with all these amazing artists????"

They come to us, usually as guests and once they see how awesome it is here at all or nothing - they stick around - my staff is a democracy - I dont actually work at all or nothing, so I dont decide who works there - the staff does, the tattooers tell me who they want to hire and we do it. I think all our artists came to us, we havent actually "recruited" anyone. the old saying - "if you cant beat em join em" may apply, but I think its just that we are serious about artistic growth and sucess and promotion and touring and work... and that attracts serious artists.

Last edited by BRANDON BOND; 01-09-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Topshelftattoo

yea yea glad you read between the lines!!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Private

When will we see your own line of guns? Like Bond Arms..
Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Field Marshal

actually its funny you ask that - stranglehold is about to hook up with www.tapco.com if you have any aks, glocks, ars, rugers, chances are something on them came from TAPCO - another family of about 60 folks who loves guns and want great art. (and live in GA as well)

Im meeting with them to talk about merging love juices later this week. Stranglehold started selling weapons about 6 months ago (blades) and we are moving into firearm accessories next - the skies the limit. And Yeah www.bondarms.com in texas make great firearms, that is a long story - but they are awesome. I carry one regularly.

I get a lot of sh*t for the whole interest in guns from some folks, heres the deal: I was born into a wonderful family, I was taught that the protection of that family is my job as a loving participant. I was taught to shoot guns before I even knew what a cuss word was. I was taught safety, respect, and regard for human life, I was taught that a gun is as safe as its owner, and I am extremely careful with my firearms.

I love shooting, my father loves shooting, my wife loves it and a LOT of our staff and clients love it. I have very little free time, and what free time I have I like to spend with close friends and quality firearms, its a hobby, like quilting. hahahahaaaaa it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with my job.

I have been trained in tactical shooting, entry, sub-gun, long-gun, shotgun and hand-gun courses by our local SWAT team, as well as shot piles of law enforcement guns at law enforcement target with the guidance of law enforcement officers. I have had extensive military training with a Lt Colonel involved in special forces focusing on disarming people and using their weapons against them, and Dave Tedder and I have been training off and on for over a year with a DEA firearms teacher (with an incredibly STRICT ciriculum (sp)).

When I came up with the name ALL OR NOTHING, we could start one of three types of ad campaigns and name recognition projects:

1) aon SEX trademark- naked chicks and all that - cheesy and WAY WORSE for professionalism than guns? we would be getting a LOT more hell from everyone STILL for this and the BOND GIRLS s&!t was an obvious "easy choice" However, I feel like that kinda marketing makes girls uncomfortable, and distracts from the art.

2)AON as in Gambling and "risking it all" - and risk is not an image I want to project in my buisnesses, im not a gambler, I lived in vegas for two years, I know better.

3)aon as in hostages and worldomination terroristic style like cobra - which one sounds more fun huh????
yaaaaaaaay for the underdog, and the badguys get all the cool accessories.

everybody loves a bad guy - Im a bad guy nerd. Cobra commander, Destro, Darth Vader, Megatron, cmon??? they rule.

and you know this man -

so we went with option 3 - and by we I guess I mean Me cause at the time I was alone. They say "stick with what ya know" - and I know about two things, tatzapping and firearms. I decided to leave the sex out. but I do know a little somethng about that too?????? hahahahaaaa
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Private

what got you interested in Pitt Bull Rescue?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Field Marshal

Is there anything you are not good at? You are a dominating, successful busines man, world renoun artist, movie star, professional fisherman, movie buff, gun slinger, educator, dog rescuer, promoter...and so many other things that I dont have the patience to type... You seem to have the thought process of fricking Einstein.... Everytime I see you i am amazed! You are constantly moving, going, deciding, dealing, hustling, like its no sweat... It takes me 45 min most nights to decide what is for dinner....
Old 04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Field Marshal

that was a ritorical question....
Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Field Marshal

Ok heres a real question... You created the style, sorry if i get this wrong, "Alla Prima", i think thats it... Is there a new style you will be unleashing in the future? Or mabie not a new style, but something to rock the world off its axis once agin? Not that you have ever stoped rocking the world, but something that will reinforce your domination to the rest of the industry?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Topshelftattoo

you generally seem to want the industry to put out the best possible work, and are willing to help fellow artist improve their skills. many people ask you to check out their work, i know i'm one of them, are there sum you just wanna say "put down the machine and run away"? as cross my fingers and hope i'm not one of them. which makes it very hard to type!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Field Marshal

your going to be an incredible tattooist - and no Ive never said "put down your machines" to anyone - when I started tattooing, there WAS NO INTERNET! there was no way for me to annonymously message someone and ask em to tell me how to tattoo better- I had uhaul on speed dial - in my day I had to move state to state to work for or get work from artists I had "heard of" (magazines mostly)

I would never discourage a young tattooer - scratchers get a taste of the wrath of hate though still - along with encouragement to get an apprenticeship.

all artists have varying levels of potential and I would never think that Im too good or too big or too stuckup and retarted to DISCOURAGE anyone from tattooing. Im not that guy - there are a lot of guys like that - but none of us are.

I used to suck - trust me I remember never using mags, or not knowing how to put in color - I remember being nervous at conventions.

I have never forgotten who I am or where Im from - another trait bestowed upon me by my parents. But yeah sometimes people are way out of line about it - shop owners who want to "look at my books" people Ive never met??? people who want me to come to their shop and teach their apprentices???? its wierd but Im never mean about it or public with my disdain. peopple who want to know very personal buisness secrets yet have never met me or done anything for me - and if I dont reply - Im an a$shole???? yeah its f*cked.

we are all on the same path - wearing different shoes, I just choose to drive a golf cart thats all.

Last edited by BRANDON BOND; 04-10-2007 at 10:00 PM..

Tags
brotha, interview, questions