Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Private

Default Re: ART CONTEST THREAD

well poiint taken, whats wrong with a litte friendly comp? i want somebody to blast out some sick s&!t. make me eat my words. draw something is all im sayin, i mean what is wrong with that.
thread fail i guess
updated the pic with a little more line buildup. and the flaoting teeth. good point, a scuplture was my reference and the teeth appeared to be inside the gumline aways. i guess i didnt convey that.

Last edited by DIESEL; 05-30-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Corporal

hey I think spelling is the main problem I have with the post. j/k I'm worst, lol
If the dude wants to host a contest let him have at it,. Worst case scenario is that no one is going to submit an entry and the thread dies there.

It's obvious that Diesel should go hybrid instead,. He is having fun and we are having fun along.
I need to admit that I find the thread funny as hell but how many of us are serious all the time? not me.

Have a blast peeps.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Private

where is my f@#king machine? you said it was gonna be in the mail brah.
i keed i keed. but no, i mean people boast about their art skillz but then all of the sudden dont want to draw up anythihg?
whats up with that holmes?
lulz
Old 05-30-2010, 07:48 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL View Post
where is my f@#king machine? you said it was gonna be in the mail brah.
i keed i keed. but no, i mean people boast about their art skillz but then all of the sudden dont want to draw up anythihg?
whats up with that holmes?
lulz
lol
Old 05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Corporal

I wanted to know if I could participate with two entries?

Submission #1:

Submission #2:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Platoon Sargent

LMAO!!!!........LMAO!!!! classic...
Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

honesly man, i cant speak for the other guys on here, but for myself, i couldnt kick you out a drawing of a dinosaur in 30 minutes, itd take me that long just to get my construction lines proportionate. then the lighting and shading could take weeks depending on how much time i alloted to work on it. i understand your frustration, to a point, but you have to take into account that most of these guys are at work, even on sundays sometimes, so sitting down and whipping out a dinosaur at a whim just isnt plausable.

now for some advice, if you want it. work slow, take your time, there isnt a race. the slower you work the better the outcome, at least 99% of the time anyway. i once spent 4 hours just shading an eyeball. hell, ive spent the last 3 days working on a coverup for my wife and thats just to come up with a good concept and clean outline. so, put on some good music you like, kick back, and go with the flow of the pencil, just try not to rush it. also, pick up a copy of "drawing from the right side of the brain", this book alone, if you work through the exercises one by one, will cause your work to improve by leaps and bounds, as long as you keep practicing. hope this helps, good luck.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Private

heres my entry...i started with a nuema hawk mag outliner,then coil oval bugpinned it.shaded with EMS 3000..then graywashed with facebook (eternal)..thx for looking.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Platoon Sargent

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!...................Autoclaved with the microwave......hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Last edited by Frek; 05-31-2010 at 12:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
honesly man, i cant speak for the other guys on here, but for myself, i couldnt kick you out a drawing of a dinosaur in 30 minutes, itd take me that long just to get my construction lines proportionate. then the lighting and shading could take weeks depending on how much time i alloted to work on it. i understand your frustration, to a point, but you have to take into account that most of these guys are at work, even on sundays sometimes, so sitting down and whipping out a dinosaur at a whim just isnt plausable.

now for some advice, if you want it. work slow, take your time, there isnt a race. the slower you work the better the outcome, at least 99% of the time anyway. i once spent 4 hours just shading an eyeball. hell, ive spent the last 3 days working on a coverup for my wife and thats just to come up with a good concept and clean outline. so, put on some good music you like, kick back, and go with the flow of the pencil, just try not to rush it. also, pick up a copy of "drawing from the right side of the brain", this book alone, if you work through the exercises one by one, will cause your work to improve by leaps and bounds, as long as you keep practicing. hope this helps, good luck.
bro, i was just skin for people to bust out a sketch. i busted this one in 30 min. if people are "drawing" all the time like they advise me to, where are the dinos? i believe that you or anyone would destroy my sketch, but its been 24 hrs and the people telling me i cant draw have yet to put up.

as far as the advice goes, thank you very much, i joined an art site, oh boy i know they gonna ban me porobably. lol. spent last night practcing anatomy,10 figures in 60 seconds. i will also download the book today on pdf and read it while i alternate between "reinventing the tattoo" im only on page 34 in that. so i have a lot of reading to do, thankz Mao! i will draw harder. i am competitive, its my nature. im not tryin to stsrt any s&!t just wanted some friendly competition, guess ill have to reach inside and compete against my self as i do in other aspects where there are no immediate challengers.
fallen king! you asshole i said no photochop. so that means you owe me 4 machines for cheating
send them to:
scratcher diesels house
the hood, 10126.
thankz brah

Tags
art, contest, thread