Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Private

Default Alla Prima Black

anyone else used it? if so what did you, or are you thinkin' about it? i had used talens since my apprentice ship bud i decided to buy a bottle of the alla prima black recently. i havent been impressed so far, its a little thick for my liking plus it seems to heal very dull. it just doesnt seem to have any vibrancy to it. lemme know what you guys think if you've tried it out.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Alla Prima Black

Alla primas suck... they all heal dull and washed out looking, even Carlotons work. Stick with Talons, that's what I use.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Private

Ive gotten some great results with Alla Prima, I do enjoy their black for many applications. But not for everything, not a good tribal black imo
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Private

I still use sumi for lining. I like it better than talons. Dynamic black, starbrite triple black, intenze true black all are good solid blacks i have tried ..
Old 02-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Private

right on guys i appreciate the feedback
Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Tala Tattoo
Private

I use Talens for lining, have used many that I've tossed and reverted to Talens. Some artists swear by National's and Waverly's for lining. Gotta find the magic in your needle/machine/hand speed/ink combo.
Tala
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Platoon Sargent

Never toss your pigments in the garbage. s&!tty pigments have a use still, especially black. You can paint with them. Just an idea
Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Platoon Sargent

Good alternative for mustard on your bologna sandwiches too.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Tala Tattoo
Private

Hmmm... So I shouldn't "act out" with my poopy inks? Novel idea that. I'll have to try breathing. Yoga or pilates should work wonders for the anger management, yes? All kidding aside, (and salami on the side...), you're right, they could have been used for painting. Good suggestion.
Tala
Old 05-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Corporal

I've tried everything , out of all of them it seems "Silverback" black seemed to be the one that still looks "vibrant" ,as you put it. Look at tattoos from a year ago, the ones I did with silverback look way better

Last edited by Demonkilla66; 05-17-2010 at 03:52 PM..

Tags
alla, black, prima