Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Recruit

Default pulse excutive problem

Hi guys...i already have two excutive liners that i love,they run smooth and consistant...i recently ordered a new excutive with the new vice grip from pulse.... and for some reason it runs like a dog!..ive tinkered with it but cant get it to run sweet...it makes alot more noise than my others and sounds abit like the A bar is deflecting...it has that rough sound...I could do without the hassle of sending it back to the usa so im open to any suggestions from the machine experts on here?
cheers guys
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: pulse excutive problem

wow, well thats a hard problem to fix without it sitting in front of me, but if you have a descent meter from critical or eikon it would help for sure. sounds to me like maybe the a-bar is hitting the rear coil. if you have more than one, and they run good, then look at them and find out what the difference is. you should still call them and let them know whats up.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
wow, well thats a hard problem to fix without it sitting in front of me, but if you have a descent meter from critical or eikon it would help for sure. sounds to me like maybe the a-bar is hitting the rear coil. if you have more than one, and they run good, then look at them and find out what the difference is. you should still call them and let them know whats up.
Cheers for the reply buddy...had a good look at it today and the gap between a bar and rear coil is the smallest ive yet seen on a machine!..gonna mess about with it tomorrow maybe remove a shim from rear coil or add one to the front coil...Thanks for the pointer.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbidden ink View Post
Cheers for the reply buddy...had a good look at it today and the gap between a bar and rear coil is the smallest ive yet seen on a machine!..gonna mess about with it tomorrow maybe remove a shim from rear coil or add one to the front coil...Thanks for the pointer.
make sure the a-bar is over both the front and rear coil as well. it could also be caused by the amount of spring tension.i always keep a s&!t ton of springs laying around

Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
make sure the a-bar is over both the front and rear coil as well. it could also be caused by the amount of spring tension.i always keep a s&!t ton of springs laying around
yeah i put a 20 on back of my Belmont an it ran a lil doggy" i set Vltge higher to finish my work and it was sounding like a miniature jackhammer. I put an 18 on it and toned it down an now sounds like a Bumblebee...smooth and fast!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Recruit

Had a play with it today before we opened...i think its got to be the front coil core...when the A bar is down its only touching a tiny part of it!...the wear mark on the underside of the A bar is tiny like a pin prick....could it be the A bar is hitting a peak and deflecting causing the noise ?...should i carefully take a file to the coil core?
I know i could send it back to pulse...but i want to try to solve this problem and learn from it!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Corporal

send it back to pulse. They're a reputable company and given the amount of machines they produce, there's bound to be a bad one here or there. f@#king with the machine yourself will only cause more problems than necessary.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
send it back to pulse. They're a reputable company and given the amount of machines they produce, there's bound to be a bad one here or there. f@#king with the machine yourself will only cause more problems than necessary.

i agree if you have other machines to take its place, but thats not always the case. you should know how to fix your machines if they are running irregular.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
or, it will teach you a great deal of the mystery behind machines, and give you a better understanding of the tools you use...given that you dont f@#k them up, yes. haha
Old 07-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
or, it will teach you a great deal of the mystery behind machines, and give you a better understanding of the tools you use...given that you dont f@#k them up, yes. haha
I could understand if it's some machine thats just lyin around, but something brand new, out of the box??? I'd rather send it back to get it replaced than tear it apart, and I already know how to build machines. The point in buying something brand new is to have something running tip top from the beginning. If it isn't, then it might as well be some clunker you got in a box somewhere. The best bet would be to send it back, and wait the time. In the meantime, use the machines you've already got, and if they don't run the way you want, do some work on THEM not a new one. Hell, get a couple cheap ass machines to learn building with. Nobody wants to pay top dollar for anything mechanical and then get stuck with the trouble of fixing it!!!!!
" hi, I'd like to buy this car, how much is it??"
"25'000 bucks"
" Wow brand new, huh?? Nothing wrong with it??"
" Oh she's brand new, but you're gonna have to fix the engine and the stereo doesn't work"
" What the f@#k!!!!!!"
See what I mean??? Makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!!
Aside from that, the problem he's describing could be a number of issues. Coil cores machined wrong, frame machined wrong, to many shims, to little shims, etc etc. I could be something simple as hell, or it could be something that may not be fixable without extended machine knowledge and the proper tools. Not to mention the fact that most machine warranties go bye bye one the machine's been disassembled.

Tags
excutive, problem, pulse