Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: White ink

I'm speaking in theory only.
I think the mixing issue is about the separation, or lack of, bonding of pigment molecules. If mixing the two pigments of opposing molecular structures the pigments would separate and bond to the agents that represent most closely to their own structure and you could possibly get darker zones of concentrated colors.
Like filling a swimming pool with red and yellow balls of the same size (Powder only, or pre-dispersed only), up close you see the different colors of each ball as if examining a pigment molecule under a microscope, but if flown over in an airplane you would see an orange cylindrical shape. On the other hand, if tossing in a mixture of balls that are magically polar opposites(pre-dispersed and powder mixed), the red balls would bond to other red balls of the same molecular structure and the yellow balls would bond to the yellow balls in clumps or masses. Up close you could pick out each color like examining with a microscope but over head you would see a round sphere resembling a sun with pods of redder areas like sunspots.
On a serious note without this hypothetical bullcrap, I mix whatever I have in my collection that will create that shade or tone of color I am looking for. I think if there is a problem when mixing them, it's not that huge enough of a problem that would make me want to avoid it....haha
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Private

I have been a big fan of intense white; star bright just wasn’t thick enough.
And don’t bother with silver back white. I like it for mixing but it to runny to work with.
So I’m hearing good things about fusion white. Notice that their white is heavier? Or is it just me?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

does the fusion white dry up in five minutes like eternals does? i hate that s&!t, i just ordered some easy glow white, maybe it will be a little better, i also ordered most of the blues. hoping its better than eternal

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Platoon Sargent

it does dry out, not in five minutes but after an hour or so there is a skin on the top of the cap
Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Platoon Sargent

I think the thin skin is perfect, preserves the remainder underneath from drying out.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I think the thin skin is perfect, preserves the remainder underneath from drying out.
not with eternal it does'nt, you get that skin in your tip and it bogs the s&!t out of my machines, then i have to clean it out, f@#k that.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
not with eternal it does'nt, you get that skin in your tip and it bogs the s&!t out of my machines, then i have to clean it out, f@#k that.
I agree, eternals dry to a harder shell and you'll be spitting chunks like a drunk girl after a spaghetti dinner.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i just got a call today that pulse ran out of most of their easy glow, so i cant f@#king get any, so i ordered fusion blues to see what there like. would really like to try the easy glow!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Platoon Sargent

f@#k, that's not good.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:27 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

they could at least post something on their web site, so you know to call and ask, oh well. jen from pulse said she would send me some samples when they get some 1oz bottles, and an e-mail to let me know they got some in. so thats pretty cool.

Tags
ink, white