Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Power supply

we got our powersupplies rolling, I can get them shipped to you right now for 175 lemme know if you guyz want one. Im shipping seth c's out this week, and ill have a write up from him soon. I got a couple very talented artists in Grand Rapids michigan raving about them. My homie Chris had a brand new texas custom iron that ran so hot it burned him after an hour. He ran it on our powersupplies and it didnt even get warm.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
we got our powersupplies rolling, I can get them shipped to you right now for 175 lemme know if you guyz want one. Im shipping seth c's out this week, and ill have a write up from him soon. I got a couple very talented artists in Grand Rapids michigan raving about them. My homie Chris had a brand new texas custom iron that ran so hot it burned him after an hour. He ran it on our powersupplies and it didnt even get warm.
can you post some flicks?? always interested in helping other artists out. It may take me a bit to roll out some dough (taxes are killing me this year) but I'd be down to grab one up. Also, post seth's response to it. If anyone knows gear, that guy does....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Platoon Sargent

Thanx for the info Tom I appreciate it...., but Im looking for maybe a spec sheet or information on the 300's to see just how good the capcitors are inside the Eikon PS....... versus's other makes and models of PS's...........................

I do understand that a Eikon isn't the end all be all PS within the industry and I also realise that it doesn't make you a exceptional artist either, but I guess Im trying to say that, Im a little confused with why at conventions and random you tube tattoo artist interviews, with well established and extremely talented artists you see the Eikon 300 in the backgrounds being used, especially at conventions at least the ones that I've been to, its all you see is Eikon's...........If other makes are better units, deliver smoother power and use better internals than an Eikon 300, why don't I see more artists using more of another brand PS?? I would think the smoothest power delivery possible would be desired by every tattoo artist in the industry..........

..... I do realise that all artists are different and perfer different equipment to perform art at the best quality, but I will say this much (in my opinion) artists are like mechanics in a way with their tools, you can only perform at the top with top equipment......I would think that holds true especially for tattooing as well..........maybe I will understand this cloudy subject for myself once I get into a shop and start understanding the artist side of tattooing..........

Last edited by Frek; 07-24-2010 at 03:53 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Private

Because that was the best in most peoples eyes at the time. I think most tattooers are trying to make better gear themselves now to stop non-tattooers from cashing in on the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
Thanx for the info Tom I appreciate it...., but Im looking for maybe a spec sheet or information on the 300's to see just how good the capcitors are inside the Eikon PS....... versus's other makes and models of PS's...........................

I do understand that a Eikon isn't the end all be all PS within the industry and I also realise that it doesn't make you a exceptional artist either, but I guess Im trying to say that, Im a little confused with why at conventions and random you tube tattoo artist interviews, with well established and extremely talented artists you see the Eikon 300 in the backgrounds being used, especially at conventions at least the ones that I've been to, its all you see is Eikon's...........If other makes are better units, deliver smoother power and use better internals than an Eikon 300, why don't I see more artists using more of another brand PS?? I would think the smoothest power delivery possible would be desired by every tattoo artist in the industry..........

..... I do realise that all artists are different and perfer different equipment to perform art at the best quality, but I will say this much (in my opinion) artists are like mechanics in a way with their tools, you can only perform at the top with top equipment......I would think that holds true especially for tattooing as well..........maybe I will understand this cloudy subject for myself once I get into a shop and start understanding the artist side of tattooing..........
Old 07-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
can you post some flicks?? always interested in helping other artists out. It may take me a bit to roll out some dough (taxes are killing me this year) but I'd be down to grab one up. Also, post seth's response to it. If anyone knows gear, that guy does....
yeah Im gonna set up a lil photo shoot in teh next week or two, so i have some nice photos to build a website or blog thingy with. Ill post em then. If you wanna gimme a shout hit me up at Magnum Tattoos, grand rapids michigan just ask for Solomon. Or just i can just pm you my number if you want it.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post

The reason why you dont see alot of artists using other power supplies is because noone is building them right now. Ask around about Dave Longs powersupplys. I think that was his name. People hold on to those f@#kers like there magic. But for the most part its been a while since someone has pumped out real nice ones, and thats part of the reason why Im doing it now. Also remember theres more than one way to do things, and more than likely someone down the line is gonna tell you that the microprocessors in the eikons do the job of the bigger and better caps. That is half true. And I wouldnt hold your breath while your waitin for the exact spec sheet on the eikon to pop up. I wouldnt think that would be available to just anyone besides someone who tore open theirs and made a list of parts it was made out of.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Private

The photos on your myspace page look pretty awesome. I'll have my General PSU any day now, but still keen to try yours out as well. Only downside... due to the casing, I think the shipping for me to Australia will be crazy high.

I Might have an issue with customs as well as it's built into an ammunition case, which looks awesome! I'm a bit of a weapons fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
yeah Im gonna set up a lil photo shoot in teh next week or two, so i have some nice photos to build a website or blog thingy with. Ill post em then. If you wanna gimme a shout hit me up at Magnum Tattoos, grand rapids michigan just ask for Solomon. Or just i can just pm you my number if you want it.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Platoon Sargent

Thanks Solomon!..........I'm still a fan of the EMS 300, and until I find a different/ better PS, it'll be the one I go with.........Im not an artist yet so my decisions and comments on this particular subject is going to be biased because all I know is Eikon, and I haven't had any experience with ANY tattoo equipment yet..........Thanx again everyone its been enlightening to say the least...............................
Old 07-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Private

Got the new PSU yesterday "The General" and it's fukkin awesome! My machines run so smooth and consistent... very nice.... Still keen to get one of yours as well Solomon.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Corporal

I have a Critical that I used a couple of times only. If interested PM me.

Tags
power, supply