Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 08-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Private

Default help needed

hello hope everyones well i need a little advice on wots the best thing to use to stop cross contamination of darker colors and tones going into lighter colors if doing a piece building up frm the lighter tones before using darker ones many thanks if anyone can offer me advice on this...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Default Re: help needed

Ummm, not to sound like an asshole, but an apprenticeship would be a good start.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Corporal

Unless you tattoo like the cookie monster eats cookies, I've never found this to be a real issue.

But if your if your gonna lose sleep over it, cover the areas of concern with A&D while you work
Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Field Marshal

definitely an apprenticeship there bubs. throwing around jargon, that doesn't apply to the situation you are describing makes it all a little clearer...so read some other threads on how to get an apprenticeship...or if you got one...get a new one. but dont shoot yourself in the foot by trying to tattoo without guidance.

Cross Contamination: The spreading of germs, bacteria and/or disease by carrying them from an infected area to a non-infected area.

If a tattooist is wearing protective gloves and then comes in contact with the client's blood, he is protected. However, if he answers the phone with those same gloves, the phone has been cross-contaminated with bloodborne pathogens. If he puts on a new pair of gloves, but then picks something up off the floor and then touches the client, the client has been cross-contaminated with numerous unknown bacteria.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
definitely an apprenticeship there bubs. throwing around jargon, that doesn't apply to the situation you are describing makes it all a little clearer...so read some other threads on how to get an apprenticeship...or if you got one...get a new one. but dont shoot yourself in the foot by trying to tattoo without guidance.

Cross Contamination: The spreading of germs, bacteria and/or disease by carrying them from an infected area to a non-infected area.

If a tattooist is wearing protective gloves and then comes in contact with the client's blood, he is protected. However, if he answers the phone with those same gloves, the phone has been cross-contaminated with bloodborne pathogens. If he puts on a new pair of gloves, but then picks something up off the floor and then touches the client, the client has been cross-contaminated with numerous unknown bacteria.

conor = s m a r t. oh and tattooing on a couch is a nono. some people actually don't know that

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 08-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Private

done apprentship at house of pain,manchester, under steve berry and jon howarth in england.im at a studio nw in bury manchester odd days till january called skin graffiti the owners jimmy lomas.so appreciate if u dont judge to fast you can check out my work at http/www.myspace.com/dardy2 i start full time when the other artist leaves to open his own studio.just trying to be the best i can knowledge is a great thing and many artist do things differently.sorry for asking
Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Platoon Sargent

I would really try to avoid starting light. Get the darks in first. But if you must, just cover the area with ointment. If ink gets on the light spots, it'll just be sitting on the ointment, and will wipe right away. Just remember to cover that area again after you wipe it. Its a big pain in the ass, but works.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Corporal

LUBE IT UP!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Don't be sorry for asking, knowledge is a very powerful thing. This just seems like a question that could easily be answered by your mentor/coworkers. Like I said, I wasn't trying to sound like an asshole.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Private

i understand tht but as we all knw there are outstanding artists and ur bog standard artists who are just there for the money nw im very greatful for my apprentship and wot i was taught but there was only so much they could teach me.i strive 2 be the best i can.I was taught linework thn shadingand lay color over.But the reason i asked the question about ink contamination was i was a sneak preview of angelo grisafi tips on doing potraits whn doing the joker he was building up his tones from light to dark and mentioned about stopping the darker shades effecting the lighter tones.so maybe i will just purchase the dvd

Tags
needed