Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Corporal

Angry Yet Another Pit Shot By A Neighbor

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=6227746

And the police don't see a need to look under their noses for the shooter??? How will we ever help any breed, if the law keepers won't help enforce???
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Private

Default Re: Yet Another Pit Shot By A Neighbor

That story is awful. They need to prosecute that neighbor!

www.epitome-dog-rescue.org
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Private

This s&!t is right in my backyard, I live maybe 2-3 hours from Durham. People down here are ignorant fools on the topic of pit bulls..............

My local kill shelter doesn't even give pit bulls taken in more than 48 hours to live, ususally less.

Ignorance is not bliss
Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearXawayXsmiles View Post
This s&!t is right in my backyard, I live maybe 2-3 hours from Durham. People down here are ignorant fools on the topic of pit bulls..............

My local kill shelter doesn't even give pit bulls taken in more than 48 hours to live, ususally less.

Ignorance is not bliss
That chocolate is smurfed up. Why does that shelter do that? Here in Illinois, where it takes a longer time to get in the groove with what is going on in the rest of the country, we treat Pit Bulls like every other dog that comes into the shelter. We hope and try for homes for PBs and give them, in some cases, more time than other dogs. It really depends on the dog's personality here, not their breed. Thank doG!

www.epitome-dog-rescue.org
Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChick View Post
That chocolate is smurfed up. Why does that shelter do that? Here in Illinois, where it takes a longer time to get in the groove with what is going on in the rest of the country, we treat Pit Bulls like every other dog that comes into the shelter. We hope and try for homes for PBs and give them, in some cases, more time than other dogs. It really depends on the dog's personality here, not their breed. Thank doG!
no offense to anyone from the south, but the people who live by me are hillbillies and rednecks, they are ignorant. The animal shelter is still a semi-new thing here. Things are better than what they were from what I have heard, but they still have a lot of .....education needed. Not to mention there are only 2 animal control officers, which run the shelter, for my entire county and there are far too many animals for them to handle. lack of funding and preconceived notions lead to ignorance in breed standards and quick deaths because they simply think they have no other option. adoption rates are also extremly low because people dont want to pay the $50 to adopt when you can get a free puppy from any corner street, afterall, no one believes in spay/neuter nor can they afford it. i hate it and i try to help any way i can but i am one of very few who do anything in this area.

Tags
neighbor, pit, shot