Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Field Marshal

Default Mike Mcmahon interview??????

Our first graduating apprentice - we need to do a story with him on that -

post your questions and I bet he will answer them

Ill start this b1tc4 -

Mike, what would you say was the best thing about apprenticing at All or Nothing.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:26 AM
mikemcmahon

Far and away the best things about apprenticing at All Or Nothing are the artists and the art driven environment. I have had the great pleasure of working with and learning from some of the most talented individuals of our time. This phenomenal collective of artistic minds has quickly become the worlds number one custom tattoo studio. That could not have happened without immeasurably skilled tattooers openly sharing their craft with one another in an attempt to change everything that art is and take it to a new plain. Never in my life have I been offered so much nor have I asked so much of myself in return. Without this place, these guys, and the never-ending dedication that is the heart of All Or Nothing I would be lost. With them I have become something that I can be proud of. To feel inspiration is one thing but to have the constant will to follow it is what makes art happen.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Platoon Sargent

Ok, here's another question for ya.
Art is definitely important and essential to our careers, and it's definitely our focus here. But what else did you learn besides stuff dealing with art?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:32 PM
mikemcmahon

All Or Nothing is more than just a catchy name; it is an ethic, a creed. Knowledge flows unchecked here covering every aspect of tattooing. Sterilization, promotion, the mechanical workings of a tattoo machine, the management necessary to keep all cylinders running smooth only scratch the surface of what we cover in a typical day here. The vast number of fulltime artists as well as guests makes our home a trading post of information and creative input. I think that my most valued acquisition is the fundamental principles that Brandon as so deeply ingrained within me. I will persist until I succeed.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Field Marshal

thats whats up huh?

right on

heres another:

what is it like to "start out" at the "top of the food chain" in other words whats it like to begin a career at the top? None of us had that opportunity.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Corporal

Ive got a couple for ya, how long did it take you to finish your apprentaceship? And when or what made you decide to start tattooing?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
mikemcmahon

I know I must be one of the most fortunate people in tattooing today. The thing that must be the most incredible gift would have to be the clients. Many of the people I’ve had the pleasure of tattooing have had a profound effect on my work. Great ideas without a lot of limitation make for the best requests a tattooer can have. From collectors of great work to local people here in the Atlanta area my clients consistently prove themselves to be the coolest.
There are so many great things about being at All Or Nothing; the art, the people, and of course the exposure. What good is it to be doing good work if nobody knows about it.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 PM
mikemcmahon

My apprenticeship was maybe a year. As far as what lead me to tattooing, I think the more interesting story lies in what kept me from it. I believe tattooing to be like being a firefighter, cop, or priest. It’s a calling that you can only fight of for awhile before it becomes all encompassing.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Platoon Sargent

What are some of the ways that the artists here have influenced you specifically?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Field Marshal

Mike is relocating to Florida and "spreading his wings"

we wish him all the best and want him to be nothing but sucessful as f@#k.

Tags
interview, mcmahon, mike