Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-03-2011, 04:30 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

Default Frustrated..

Not trying to blow steam off or anything, but i figured ide ask outside sources some advice or what to do, ive been tattooing for about 7 years.... ive tried to progress as far as i can as an artist, but the place i am at, (not just the studio but the area/state too)) just doesnt care about anything atall, as far as an artists well being, when things get slower, they hire more and more artists that are part time and its hard just to prepare for my upcoming family....aswell as move, but cant do so unless they listen or things change, anyone ever gone through things such as this? being as young as i am i have been in the tattoo industry for quite a long time...and also have health issues such as the heart attack i had last year due to being vegan for so long, so any little bit of advice or what not would be great....just really dissapointed how tattooing in my area isnt as ""professional"" as where i am from or other areas...its getting me to the point where i just want to say screw this and stop all together so my health doesnt get worse.

thanks yall.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Frustrated..

as f@#king talented as you are, if you quit i will f@#king come after you!!!!! you work for greedy people that only care about the bottom line, which is money. guess what, every business out there is the same way tattoo related or not. the saying "if you want something done right, do it your self", holds very true. if you cant stand the fact that the shop you work for doesnt do things the way they should for their talented artists, then leave, and open your own shop. im sure you have the clientele. that sucks that your going through what you are, but i honestly think you need to spread your wings and GTFO!!!! and as far as being vegan, if you seriously had a heart attack from being vegan, i would go slaughter the first cow you see and just go nuts, no lifestyle is worth your life dude!!!!! hope that kinda helps man, i know how it is with a family, but your family will love you no matter what happens!!!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
as f@#king talented as you are, if you quit i will f@#king come after you!!!!! you work for greedy people that only care about the bottom line, which is money. guess what, every business out there is the same way tattoo related or not. the saying "if you want something done right, do it your self", holds very true. if you cant stand the fact that the shop you work for doesnt do things the way they should for their talented artists, then leave, and open your own shop. im sure you have the clientele. that sucks that your going through what you are, but i honestly think you need to spread your wings and GTFO!!!! and as far as being vegan, if you seriously had a heart attack from being vegan, i would go slaughter the first cow you see and just go nuts, no lifestyle is worth your life dude!!!!! hope that kinda helps man, i know how it is with a family, but your family will love you no matter what happens!!!!!
i apprecieate that, i wasnt sure if i was just over reacting, and its not like i can talk to people here cause itll just be bad news, im gonna try to get out before it breaks my stride and ruin this for me. and hahaha i cant eat a cow instantly, itll make me sick haha, ill figure that part out tho

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 09-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

hey john, i feel for ya brother. when my back was up against a similar wall, i struck out on my own and for as ultimately rewarding as its been, its a rollercoaster ride, or so my newly salt and peppered beard tells me.

my business model goes something like;
1. do kickass tattoos
2. treat the customers with dignity and respect
3. keep the shop running

making a profit comes in at like 7 or 8

in reality its steps 1-6or7 that make that profit happen, but what happens all too often is people trying to fast track and cut corners to step 8 and damn everything else, including the artist that makes all of that possible, and honestly it makes me sick and makes me determined to stand apart. i know it might be like trying to find polka dotted unicorns, but there are good shops out there and they'd be damn lucky to have you.

either way...trying to find a shop like that, or trying to establish one, your works gonna be cut out for you, but its totally worth it dude
Old 09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Recruit

Yeah I know what you mean. My personal dissappointment in tattooing, is just how many clients are simply not interested in good art work, they just want cheap, and I find it disheartening. I dream of being in a great studio or an area where clients are coming for the a love of the art, not for cheap and can tell the difference between a good and bad tattoo. hang in there, things will change!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Field Marshal

a lot of the time it seems like its just florida. i know that for sure. stick to your guns, keep your head up and set realistic goals and if you don't reach them in the right amount of time you have to do something else. try other things. its important to realize, especially in your case, its not your skills that are holding you back because you are talented. just figure out what that thing is thats f@#king it up and fix it by trial an error. trust your gut. if you think its your shop, work, state, maybe it is. good luck
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

thanks everyone...yeah its just the area, shop, etc....realized it more today being put down everyday at my work is s&!tty....very s&!tty...and im gonna have to get out. before i lose it here. hopefully i can get to Colorado soon.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 09-18-2011, 12:34 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

anybody that says your work is s&!tty, is a f@#king jealous moron!!!! f@#k that man, you know whats up. GTFO bro........

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

thanks, im trying to get to colorado...just need to sell my paintings and do some tattoos to gtfo...im having a hard time getting out of here....

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Private

I m very like your work! i hope you are carefully finishing the work!
i support you!:sleepy

Tags
frustrated