Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Recruit

Default ANY ARTIST OR SMART PERSON PLEASE HELP ME

Hi, so this is a basic tattoo question. I have a solid black batman logo i got at a very reputable tattoo parlor about 5 weeks ago. My healing process, however, was horrible. the tattoo scabbed up, and then fell off on its own, i didnt pick at it, and now my tattoo is scarred. well, i dont know if it is. it is NOT raised, but it is silver, not black. i went back to my artist and he said he could touch it up and that it was indeed scarred. i am not questioning his ability because my boyfriend got an awesome tat from him that healed perfectly, as well as other people i knew who went to him. im freaking out because im scared it will never be black. my artist assured me it could be fixed but that it wasn't completely healed, and to come back in 2 weeks. the outline is somewhat puffy (its the batman emblem so that circle part around the logo is SLIGHTLY raised.) but the entire tattoo looks black/silver. is there no hope for my tattoo? i just wanted to hear some people's opinions.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 AM
^This Guy^
Private

Default Re: ANY ARTIST OR SMART PERSON PLEASE HELP ME

Please post a pic of your piece so we can all see the situation,
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
that guy
Private

Default Re: ANY ARTIST OR SMART PERSON PLEASE HELP ME

Sounds like it is still in the shiny healing stage. The new skin will sometimes be shiny and reflective on newly healed and peeled tattoos, especially black or dark colors. Let it heal and settle before touching it up.

Now as to the reason, it could be one of several or a combination of them. Could be overworked resulting fallout, but what you describe doesn't sound like holidays. Could be your body doesn't like being tattooed. If it scabbed, you may have let it dry out. Did you keep it moist? Scabbing is from overworking or drying out or something rubbing constantly irritating the new tattoo. Sometimes too thick with the ointment for too long a period will cause black to look grey/silver. That doesn't jive with the scabbing you mentioned though. Concerning the outline, it could be a bit too deep causing the raised feeling, but sometimes a tattoo can take a couple of months to smooth out and not feel raised.

As mentioned in the post above, a picture would really help in this case.

Tags
artist, person, smart