Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Recruit

Default Get a tattoo? GO TO JAIL! Another PA thread

First let me say hi! This is my first post, as I am new here... Anyhoo, browsing through the threads I couldn't help but notice in this "Dumb Law" section Pennsylvania made headlines a time or two.... being a resident here in the arm-pit of america, I thought it only appropriate to share my experience.

In the not so distant past, I found myself on a court program in Pennsylvania. Now don't get me wrong, it was the best thing for me, I willingly admit that.... just what I needed to stop f@#king off and really get my act togeather.... however one of the many rules I had to abide by was "NO (NEW) TATTOOS OR PIERCINGs FOR THE DURATION OF MY PROBATIONARY PERIOD"... violation of said rule landed delinquent probationary clients in jail as punishment. Hows that for strict, huh?.....

.....now wait it gets better......

.....upon getting my life back in order with the opportunity that was given to me, I began working at a local tattoo shop as an artist... I completed my apprenticeship and started working years back but was too young and irresponsable to give the type of commitment necessary back then, so it seemed the obvious path to resume once I got my ducks back in order.... Now probation here not only allowed me to resume my career path of choice as an artist in a shop, but also got work done by me.....WHILE STILL FORBIDDING ME TO GETTING ANY TYPE OF BODY MODIFICATION MYSELF!!... After about 18 months or so of that you really learn to appreciate having jurisdiction over your own body again.....

So does anyone else have similar probationary rules in their state/county? Or is this pennsyl-tucky specific stuff?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Get a tattoo? GO TO JAIL! Another PA thread

crazy, im in PA, and never heard of anything like this, was this case specific for some reason?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Private

The mood I'm in after being pulled by the British cops this morning.... I'd go out and get tattooed and if they arrested me I'd take it to the Court of Human Rights, but maybe the British cops are just fascists and I'm an awkward freedom fighter.

Got pulled over as MOT went out of date yesterday (a test to check the car is road worthy, done once a year and costs £54 or $87... literally a 20 minute test! Our cops have computers on board which read all the info from a number plate, MOT, Tax and insurance... you don't have it they can crush your car without warning) and got fined £60 due to it being out of date.

Anyway whilst waiting for them to check up on the rest of the car details one of the police said 'you don't look right. Think carefully now, are you known to us? I want you to think really carefully before you answer, real carefully'

I have never been arrested in my life and up til two years ago was a youth worker working with young offenders and street gangs. Last tuesday I had my throat tattooed. as well as a very small upside down heart by my eye as I now work in a very reputable tattoo studio on the South Coast and have done so for quite a while.

Anyway I said 'No' and they mumbled to each other and then made me do a full sobriety test. I asked why and they said I was either drunk or on drugs (I don't drink any alcohol or do drugs) which I protested to but I still did what they asked. I did a breathaliser test and all sorts and everything came back clean.

This all took place in front of a local high school where there were a lot of teenagers and I felt totally humiliated for absolutely no reason and honestly I put it down to my choice of body art. 35 and this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. So I don't see how anyone can legally govern your body. I guess maybe steer clear of arm tattoos or any other visible area but who's gonna know if you have you ribs or stomach or back and isn't it you rights as a human being to choose to do or not to do anyway?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Recruit

I have never been arrested in my life and up til two years ago was a youth worker working with young offenders and street gangs. Last tuesday I had my throat tattooed. as well as a very small upside down heart by my eye as I now work in a very reputable tattoo studio on the South Coast and have done so for quite a while.

Tags
jail, pennsylvania no tattoos, tattoo, thread