Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Private

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Been taking advice here.Still slowing way down.Ive only been tattooing for 8 months.Im still working 12 hour days 7 days a week.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Corporal

/\ /\ /\ /\

good job! for only 8 months you're definitily on your way, i've seen guys with 10-15 years who are outclassed by you already
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Private

s&!t theres a shop in my town and the artist has been there 30 years and you blew away anything he has ever done lol
Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Private

ok here goes.. haven't shared here before constructive criticism more then welcome

I personally do not care for the way I brought the teal out from the end of the jaw where it ends. This was 2 sessions with the highlights and some extra black added today. The rest was 2 weeks healed (you can tell that in the right eye) was just trying something new on this.
That is not a teal dot on the tooth just some s&!t I didnt get cleaned off

and a fast one I did on my husband to try out some tegaderm which rocked ma socks! never did really scab up at all still in the settling stages of healing

dont be jealous of those sexy thighs lol

Last edited by tattoogirl; 01-20-2011 at 08:23 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Private

I havnt been doing it long enough to critique but they both look nice.I think more black in the blue piece with more black blue gradience would have given more depth.it seems like the blue is a little overpowering.Maybe some thicker lines in a few spots with some color contrast background in the jaw area.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Private

Here is a couple more i did last week.I know when im working i always dip into my blacks when starting a new color blend.when i use black i cant seem to not use any more than i find myself using more and more of it.I think another thing i have been working on is after lining i will put in a tight 5 or 3 and clean the lines up and spend alot more time fine tuning the lines and using small circles than short strokes on the sides to make em crisp.Never did that before but i have been doing it lately.Its easy to always jump into color when the lines are dedicated to the skin but i spend an extra 45 minutes tightening them up.

Still have some more color background under the shroom.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 AM
Corporal

@ Iwannabedope

Use bigger mags with smaller needles man. Your s&!t will get smoother. I can tell by the way you work.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Private

I just got some curved bugpins yesterday from Kingpin.going to try them for sure next time.I also got a sample set coming from tatsoul.I am still experimenting with needle groupings that work best for me.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

tattoogirl,

you need to crawl before you walk, walk before you run, and run before you fly.

you're trying to fly when you're really somewhere between crawl and walk. you're definitely AWARE of some more advanced techniques but theres a disconnect when you try to execute them. reign it way back in and focus on simpler tattoos for a spell. lettering/kanji/tribal, get your fundamentals down and work out the fancy artsy stuff on paper and canvas until then.

i think i asked you this before but i can't remember, but where in IL are you/what shop?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Private

thanks for the advice. It honestly was a piece that I didnt think I could do at all and it is on my husband. I wanted to try something that I had no confidence with lol and with that in mind I was pretty happy with it. I have not been tattooing long and this is not my standard difficulty of work just something I wanted to try

pm'd you

Tags
post, work