Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Dumb Laws Of The Week

Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Recruit

Default Denver ban on pit bulls

Just thought you guys might want to check this out:
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=975154&page=1

According to that they have killed over 250 pit bulls (i am assuming since reinstatement of the ban in May). I tend to favor rottweilers, but the breeds have the same kind of unwarranted reputation. I don't know if they are putting them up for adoption to people outside Denver, but if anyone is looking for a new addition to the family anyway, it might be worth looking in to.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Field Marshal

that is so f@#ked up I cant even think about it.

thank you, very disturbing for sure I have an entire family of them, and they are the coolest ever!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
that is so f@#ked up I cant even think about it.

thank you, very disturbing for sure I have an entire family of them, and they are the coolest ever!
I too raise APBT's. What bloodline are your dog's Bond?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Field Marshal

all my dogs are rescue dogs and have no real papers or whatever - My male and female were badly abused - nut then loved a lot by me - and then they loved eachother a lot and made babies (which the birthing process is on my site www.brandonbond.com somewhere) andways so then I kept a male and a female

the mom dad son and daughter

They are the best part of my day
Old 03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Private

Default Re: Denver ban on pit bulls

This is f@#ked up.Pits have such bad reputations,my pit is the most friendly dog I have ever owned.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:05 AM
senior citizen member
Corporal

total bullsh*t....i have been keeping pit for 20 yrs......just have one b1tc4 now..
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Private

Angry Re: Denver ban on pit bulls

by far one of the most messed up laws. ever.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Private

Hearing about Denver just pissed me off so much.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control
Angry Re: Denver ban on pit bulls

Since this thread Died not to long ago, The City and county of Denver Colorado Is Talking about adding More Breeds to the ban, Rotts, Dobbermans, and Even German Shepards, the Ban Reads Now as ANY PIT BULL LOOKING DOG So it's very Much up to the Officer if its a pit bull or a boxer mix

I also Have Pits and i live in the suburbs 4 miles away from the line, If i take my dogs 4 miles south of my house even that i don't live there, And even in my car, Denver Pd Can Pull me over Fine me $1500.00 bucks, Take the dogs away and they will be destroyed with in the week, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Some heart breaking storys on www.Denverkillsdogs.com and i think the online petittion is still up but i'll keep ya posted if it comes up agian
Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Private

I have grown up with pits and now as an adult all I have owned are pits. The best thing about the breed is also the most detrimental to them, Pits have an inate desire to please there owners no matter the cost. I wish some of the people who are making these laws would remember back to when they were kids or stories of the past from the greatest generation, Pits used to be "Americas dog". I am not sure when there reputation turned the corner from the epitome of American ideals and values (courage,honor,etc..) to vicious killers but it breaks my heart. What happened to the days when Sinatra and Sammy hung out while there Pits played in the backyard or when billboards proudly displayed the iconic Pit Bull mascots of Buster Brown and RCA? The most decorated military dog ever "Stubby" was a Pit as was "Petey", the face of a Pit was strewn over propaganda from all factions of U.S. military during WW2, this is the same dog that they kill without any remorse. They Pit has not changed!!
It seems that the ones who make the laws are not content with the ruination of the economy, government and values that were left to them by the greatest generation they have to ruin the dog that was left for them as well, The American Pit Bull Terrier.

Last edited by Corey_Starling; 04-03-2010 at 11:21 PM..

Tags
ban, bulls, denver, pit