Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default >>>IS IT A BAD THING????

Just wanted to get some artists point of views.......over the last three years

I've had a never ending desire to become a professional tattooist, but I want to

work very hard to try and become the best I possibly can....is this an insult to

any of you pro artists?......I ran into an artist on Facebook and he inboxed me

some rewarding words about my artwork, I returned the message saying thanx

for the kind words I really appreciate it, and I went on to tell him that I want to

become a pro tattooist and what I would like to accomplish during my career

as a tattooist, he messaged me back, its gonna take more than words to

become good at this artform, your artwork is good but not great and thats

what its gonna take to become good......did I say anything wrong?????
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: >>>IS IT A BAD THING????

Why would wanting to work hard to become the best you can offend someone? That's exactly what the great artists want others to do.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Platoon Sargent

Dude, IDK, I totally respect this artform, I want to tattoo but I want to learn the traditional way...I wish I could post the message convo on here, dude started bashing me as soon as I said things like, I want to be the best I possibly can.....IDK, I was totally confused and pist all at the same time.......whatever
Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Copy and paste is awesome for posting conversations like that.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
Just wanted to get some artists point of views.......over the last three years

I've had a never ending desire to become a professional tattooist, but I want to

work very hard to try and become the best I possibly can....is this an insult to

any of you pro artists?......I ran into an artist on Facebook and he inboxed me

some rewarding words about my artwork, I returned the message saying thanx

for the kind words I really appreciate it, and I went on to tell him that I want to

become a pro tattooist and what I would like to accomplish during my career

as a tattooist, he messaged me back, its gonna take more than words to

become good at this artform, your artwork is good but not great and thats

what its gonna take to become good......did I say anything wrong?????
By only seeing one side of this conversation I don't see where you or him said anything wrong.
I don't think that he was insulting you or your art. He just said that it was good,.. not great.
It does take a lot more than words to become good at this art form.
There is a bunch of hack tattooist's out there that can talk a good game,..but can't back up any of it.
A lot of hard work and time is needed to become good at what you do.
As long as you apply yourself the right way and stay dedicated to the art form you can do great things.
I wish you the very best man !
... ( y )
Old 02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Platoon Sargent

Thanx alot, not comparing the two artforms but, I learned to airbrush about 11 years ago, and I heard the samething venturing into that artform as well, Im no professional illustrator or even a superb pencil artist I have a "talent" for art and I realize that the talent I possess just makes it a tad easier to create art work, any artform even music takes years to get good, not great....I comprehend all of this, and understand it well, I've experienced learning a difficult artform in airbrushing, its very difficult to manipulate the trigger enough to produce certain strokes with the paint....Im only converting my wisdom in airbrushing into tattooing now and totally respecting the craft because Im new to this and don't know s&!t at all, but when Im basically hold a convo with someone I thought loved the art as much as me I just thought his responses didn't need to be said honestly, I didn't say anywhere in my post that tattooing is gonna be a piece of cake and that in two years Im gonna be knocking out portrait work like Nikko Hurtado, or none of that.....IDK maybe Im taking this into another spot and he was just toughening my chin a lil...THANX guys.....sorry about the weak ass post

Tags
>>>is, bad, thing