Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Recruit

Default how do i test a power supply

i want to know if i am getting a consistent current from my eikon ems 200. how do i do that?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Private

Default Re: how do i test a power supply

Put a tester on your output. Best to do this with you machine connected and running.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Recruit

that'll tell me if it's a circuit, but how do i find out if the volts are fluctuating?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Private

Same story, test the voltage with a tester.
What do you mean it'll tell you if it's a circuit?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Recruit

maybe i should get a tester that does more than just light up an led.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Private

You need a multi meter, at least that's what they are called here. Test volts, amps, ohms etc.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Recruit

Can I ask why you need to perform this test on the ems 200? I hve the same power supply and would like to know for future possible problems...are your machines sputtering?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Private

The blokes having problems with lining and trying to isolate the problem.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Recruit

Can anyone answer what the symptoms are if you suspect your power supply is not giving consistent current?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Field Marshal

9 times out of ten its not your power supply. a quicker and cheaper solution is to borrow a coworkers power supply in your shop and see if you still have whatever problem you are trying to alleviate. i tattoo the same with my eikon as i do with a 20 dollar supply that i travel with...

Tags
power, supply, test