Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 08-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Private

Default HELP: Does this new "magical" aftercare work?

My sis has found this new scintific-magic aftercare machine
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps9bBD...eature=related
she decided to use it definately next time for her new big piece. I'm worried about her a bit cause I never heard of such. Can it hurt her????
Cause new and well advertised isn't always equal to good!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:02 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: HELP: Does this new "magical" aftercare work?

it has way more to do with how the tattoo is applied, than the aftercare brand. i dont even use any of that s&!t, honestly as long as you keep it clean with anti bacterial soap and you wash your hands prior, you should start peeling in 3-4 days anyway. my tattoos heal in about a week, some in as little as a couple days. but if you butcher the f@#k out of somebody, aftercare isnt going to magically make it heal.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

it's another h2ocean at best. We carried it for a while, and they gave us the pitch to teach us why it's soooo much better. Sterilized sea salt, sterilized water and.....Licozimes!!!!!.....or w/e. The stuff the body naturally uses to heal, but extra in every bottle of h20cean!!!!!
They, also, have surgeons using it to heal diabetics wounds, where limbs fall off and such. So it must be a wonder cure for tattoos.

Don't get me wrong, the stuff works great, and convenient, especially for piercings. And we still sell the piercing spray. More because it's convenient then anything. But the tattoo aftercare, isn't really so effective, unless you use both the foam and lotion. It works very well. But instead of us selling 20 dollars worth of stuff, and that's taking a minimul profit, we can tell them to go get bacitracin or a&d for about 4 dollars. Or at most, if they prefer, we tell them to spend 8 on aquafor. Results should be the same. Only you don't have to worry about some people's tattoos drying out from the sea salt.

in all honesty, this is me knocking it before i've tried it. I've seen wonder cures come out enough and it seems that the basics, and the simplest remedies always seem to be best. Even like travelingtom just mentioned. I've seen great results from just soap and water. Better then loading a fresh tat up with a bunch of unneccasary crap.

In my opinion, a tattoo can heal too good. Load it up with too strong of an antibiotic, and it wants to fight the ink out while necessary bacteria needed for healing is killed along the way.

I do what i want!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Corporal

this stuff is discusting, this is the exact type of corporate attention we didnt want from all the tv shows etc.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Liquid dial a few times a day, followed by a VERY thin layer of A&D ointment for 2 to 4 days (depending on the size of the tattoo), followed by a week or two of unscented lotion (I prefer Lubriderm and continue several times a week forever, just to keep the skin nice).

Everyone heals differently, but I don't think anyone heals in a way that the above method will not work; or in a way that they need to use one of these ridiculous products.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 AM
Corporal

A dumb client will manage to f@#k up a tattoo regardless of whatever he applies on it. that's what I ve learned over the years....
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Private

Thank you guys for the comments. totally agree to aivanne
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Corporal

I will agree with most on this product. No i havent used it and will not since its IS most likely (as mentioned) another H2Ocean.
If u run a high end Beverly Hills Tattoo Mansion i would expect to see THIS product! lol. Honestly i dont poop on anyone that carries this product and its nice to offer many forms of Aftercare im sure but i believe it wont do squat compared to what the body naturally can do on its own with some common sense. Furthermore its expensive and not worth selling in the shop. Not mine at least.
I and my wife both used H2Ocean Tattoo Foam the way the directions wanted and after calling Corporate Office last year for an explanation y the product didnt deliver what it claimed before we offer it to our customers. We both suffered severe scabbing and loss of the tattoo integrity. The foam sucked to say the least. However the lotion was something we both liked. BUT again costs n hype....mmmm we just decided to stay with Aquaphor. Its everywhere and many ppl r familiar with it. The "Dont fix it if it isnt broke" Theory here.

I thought the Video Pitch was Silly to. No offense *cough*...tool.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Recruit

don know about the machine but their aftercare spray and balm works fantastic.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

I've used pretty much every method out there in the last few years, Tattoo aftercare while Importiant, It tends to be diff strokes for diff folks,

I have pretty my settled on Auquafor, thanks to the board, H2o ocean is nice but big bucks, Tattoo goo sucks and Im not a fan of some lotions because they tend to sting, A&d works the same as any other good and cheap, but it kinda has a smell, I like Coca butter after the scab, best soap I have found is the Aveno hydrating body wash, dial is too harsh and drys out the skin, Green soap is awsome afterwards too....

point is the one subject in tattooing NO one can and will Agree on! The only thing we will agree on is wash the f@#ker and moisturize and use sunblock for the rest of your life!!!!

Tags
aftercare, magical, oxygen treatment, tattoogenie, work