Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Private

Default Re: ALL ART POST HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post
Very cool bird!Love the wings.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I really like the fleshy color of the body, it's uncommon. I like the shading on the bandages over the eyes too. Maybe some yellow highlight on the flesh color area of the body and longer wings is the only thing I would change besides your dagger.
Pull the hilt of the dagger closer to the body so you don't have to make the blade so long and slender.
I really never use Prisma's peach and cream colors alot and I have gotten in this habit of over using certain colors that I like..so I figured I would switch it up a bit. I actually like the body the most..
Thanks for the constructive Criticism.. I will apply some yellows to the next versions, as well as use my imagination more on the wings and dagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
make the wings larger or the body smaller. I know it's dead, but it had to fly at some point!!!!!!! Those little wings would never have done the job!!! give the dagger more POWER!!! thicken it up shorten it. take the moon out of the hilt, too 80's. Or, on second thought, leave it there, draw a b1tc4in wizard right behind it shooting lightning at it!!!!!! the wizard can only be defined as b1tc4IN, nothing else will suffice.
Yeah for sure.. I made them smaller and more cartoon-ish on purpose, but the more that I look at it it does seem dis-proportionate..
Haha.. I really like the wizard idea.. I may just replace the dagger with a scepter and go from there.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Red face Re: ALL ART POST HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntetheredSoul View Post
Wait, Bufferkiller... are you making fun of my tree drawing man or am I reading this wrong cause I am not awake? lol
No, I love your tree. I didn't notice that you'd quoted that part of my reply, and thought you were thanking me for mentioning the bad tattoos thread in the response above the one I made to you.

My bad. Your tree is sick. I wouldn't dare make fun of something like that.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post

New Painting from me

Constructive Critt always welcome
Pieces like this are hard for me to critique, maybe you wanted it to look like it does. It has a style of its own.
I would have used less lining for a smoother appearance for example but maybe that's what you were aiming for.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
well, since im not currently working i figured id give digital painting a whirl. broke out my wacom tablet and went to town. this is the first painting ive ever done(in any kind of medium). ive always been a guy aitchison fan but never had the oppurtunity to try the "inner glow" affect when i was tattooing so i thought id give it a try with the painting.

Looks bad ass, I dig Atchison and the whole Giger Bio style, been trying to better my technique at that, haven't done a glowing inside one yet but you pulled it off nicely.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Pieces like this are hard for me to critique, maybe you wanted it to look like it does. It has a style of its own.
I would have used less lining for a smoother appearance for example but maybe that's what you were aiming for.
Yeah dude, I was pushing the Lines, I did Paint it prior just using the transitions of purple and yellow Orch, It looked way too flat, so I trew the lines in for some form and shape/ Structure and maybe add some depth,

But thanks for the reply dude
Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hash View Post
Looks bad ass, I dig Atchison and the whole Giger Bio style, been trying to better my technique at that, haven't done a glowing inside one yet but you pulled it off nicely.
thanks, i appreciate it.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Platoon Sargent

Some more pencil work, and an old airbrush tee I found that I did of Lil Jon

Sorry about the super HUGE pics............

Last edited by Frek; 06-10-2010 at 10:03 AM..
Old 06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Private

@ Frek, correct me if Im wrong but its seems like you are using mostly the H spectrum in your pencil drawings. Try using 2b-6b for your shading and tone, think you will have much better results and be much happier with the flexibility of the softer leads.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Platoon Sargent

Thanx, I have a problem with drawing and using the softer leads, I actually use them just very sparingly, its something I have to work on, and have been for awhile, I guess I feel like once you go darker the point of no return is present at that point. Im working on that.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
f@#k yeah
Private

the only thing that i encounter problem wise with the b spectrum of drawing pecils is the smudge factor. sometimes i put on a pair of latex gloves or use a piece of super smooth plastic vellum to coverthe spot where my hand rests while i work. but those b-colors are important and so much quicker too! just some input on what works for me.....most of the time!! ha ha. good luck freck. oh -good job on the t-shirt man.

Tags
art, post