Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Corporal

Default Re: BLS PROTEST RALLEY DENVER COLORADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturalenigma View Post
I wrote a letter for my friends about the bans in our areas. She wrote one, but unfortunately it was emotionally driven and not very well written. Her message was hard to decipher and her tone was also not helpful to her message.

I'll include what I wrote for her here, and if you would like to use it you may.

Dear [insert representative’s name, reporters name, etc. here]
If you would, I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to discuss an issue that concerns my family.
I am a responsible owner of a dog listed on the “dangerous breed” list and/or my dog has been banned from your city limits/state.
According to the leading website that does point out that Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are the biggest offenders in bites and homicides by canines, they also state this (and note the use of “might” – there is no definitive proof), “…However, while banning the pit bull might lower the number of human deaths, such a ban would probably not reduce the number dog bites in any significant manner. After the United Kingdom banned pit bulls in the 1990s, a study showed that the number of dog bites remained the same even though the number of pit bulls had steeply declined. (Study cited in B. Heady and P. Krause, "Health Benefits and Potential Public Savings Due to Pets: Australian and German Survey Results," Australian Social Monitor, Vol.2, No.2, May 1999.) However, there are serious deficiencies in how dog bites are studied, making it difficult to know for certain whether a pit bull ban would reduce dog bites in general. (http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/stat...stlikelytobite)
The site also cites two studies that both say the average death by canines commited by Pit Bull-type dogs and Rottweilers average about 65% over the past 24 years (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840 and Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.)
That leaves the remainder of the 100% of death by canines to other breeds. However, the site is quick to point out other breeds can become killers, such as a death in October of 2000 where a Pomeranian killed a 6-week-old baby. The site notes that pom’s were bred as guard dogs. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
The problem cannot lie solely with the breed. There is a cultural epidemic in this country that view these dogs’ powerful capabilities as status symbols, money making opportunities or worse, murderous. THIS is the epidemic that needs to be stopped, not the ownership of such animals. The dog itself is not evil. The puppy that is born of the mother may have the tools of a killer, but so does any other dog of that stature and size.
As dogbitelaw.com points out,
 Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner or handler most often is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.
 An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
 Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.
While the greater good of a community must overshadow the needs of one family, one dog, one desire – it should be taken into consideration that there is a large community of taxpayers who ARE responsible, who do take care of their family members, and who do not in any way promote or encourage dog fighting or any other heinous act such as that.
As a leader of the community I recognize your responsibility to the safety of your constituents. Re-education is necessary and stricter law may be required but an outright ban will neither effect change nor will it stop the illegal behaviors of those who the ban is intended to affect.
Ask yourself,
Do gun laws keep guns out of the hands of gang members? Do sex offender registries keep children from being molested, women raped and murdered? And the biggest and most obvious example of “illegal/ban” failures is the one that plagues our entire nation, the use of illicit drugs such as crack, cocaine, crystal meth, and marijuana. The fact they are illegal does NOT keep these out of the hands of those determined to use them, sell them, and break the law.
The offenders of such laws are not the good law abiding people that are responsible for what is theirs. This is clear to everyone. But the CULTURE of fear that has been spread because of the media and then further confirmed by lawmakers doesn’t help.
I don’t intend on being someone who just complains without offering another suggestion.
My suggestion is this, rather than ban the breeds outright – why can we not find a happy medium with a registry within the city limits? In order to own a dog on the “dangerous breeds” list, one must first register, just as you would have to do with a gun. I’m sure many of the breed advocates would be willing to do a breed education course which the hopeful owner would have to attend and pass. Should their dog bite, maim or kill anyone – there are legal ramifications that normal law-abiding people fear. Why can this option not be visited?
You know as well as anyone that if the criminal element wishes to have dogs, guns, drugs, prostitutes – a “law” or “ban will not deter them. In fact, it would likely make having such more appealing.
It’s time to change. Those of us who are responsible dog owners – whatever breed or mutt we love – should not be made to pay a price for those who use these dogs as weapons, status symbols, or a way to fund drugs, prostitution and gang violence.
Education is the best weapon to fight ignorance and hatred.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,

[name]
Serious KUDO'S to you! Wonderfully written! Thank you, I do believe I will be using this often!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturalenigma View Post
I wrote a letter for my friends about the bans in our areas. She wrote one, but unfortunately it was emotionally driven and not very well written. Her message was hard to decipher and her tone was also not helpful to her message.

I'll include what I wrote for her here, and if you would like to use it you may.

Dear [ASS HOLEISH ESTABLISHMENT]
If you would, I’d like to take a brief moment of your time to discuss an issue that concerns my family.
I am a responsible owner of a dog listed on the “dangerous breed” list and/or my dog has been banned from your city limits/state.
According to the leading website that does point out that Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are the biggest offenders in bites and homicides by canines, they also state this (and note the use of “might” – there is no definitive proof), “…However, while banning the pit bull might lower the number of human deaths, such a ban would probably not reduce the number dog bites in any significant manner. After the United Kingdom banned pit bulls in the 1990s, a study showed that the number of dog bites remained the same even though the number of pit bulls had steeply declined. (Study cited in B. Heady and P. Krause, "Health Benefits and Potential Public Savings Due to Pets: Australian and German Survey Results," Australian Social Monitor, Vol.2, No.2, May 1999.) However, there are serious deficiencies in how dog bites are studied, making it difficult to know for certain whether a pit bull ban would reduce dog bites in general. (http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/stat...stlikelytobite)
The site also cites two studies that both say the average death by canines commited by Pit Bull-type dogs and Rottweilers average about 65% over the past 24 years (Sacks JJ, Sinclair L, Gilchrist J, Golab GC, Lockwood R. Breeds of dogs involved in fatal human attacks in the United States between 1979 and 1998. JAVMA 2000;217:836-840 and Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.)
That leaves the remainder of the 100% of death by canines to other breeds. However, the site is quick to point out other breeds can become killers, such as a death in October of 2000 where a Pomeranian killed a 6-week-old baby. The site notes that pom’s were bred as guard dogs. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
The problem cannot lie solely with the breed. There is a cultural epidemic in this country that view these dogs’ powerful capabilities as status symbols, money making opportunities or worse, murderous. THIS is the epidemic that needs to be stopped, not the ownership of such animals. The dog itself is not evil. The puppy that is born of the mother may have the tools of a killer, but so does any other dog of that stature and size.
As dogbitelaw.com points out,
 Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner or handler most often is responsible for making a dog into something dangerous.
 An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
 Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be potentially dangerous. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.
While the greater good of a community must overshadow the needs of one family, one dog, one desire – it should be taken into consideration that there is a large community of taxpayers who ARE responsible, who do take care of their family members, and who do not in any way promote or encourage dog fighting or any other heinous act such as that.
As a leader of the community I recognize your responsibility to the safety of your constituents. Re-education is necessary and stricter law may be required but an outright ban will neither effect change nor will it stop the illegal behaviors of those who the ban is intended to affect.
Ask yourself,
Do gun laws keep guns out of the hands of gang members? Do sex offender registries keep children from being molested, women raped and murdered? And the biggest and most obvious example of “illegal/ban” failures is the one that plagues our entire nation, the use of illicit drugs such as crack, cocaine, crystal meth, and marijuana. The fact they are illegal does NOT keep these out of the hands of those determined to use them, sell them, and break the law.
The offenders of such laws are not the good law abiding people that are responsible for what is theirs. This is clear to everyone. But the CULTURE of fear that has been spread because of the media and then further confirmed by lawmakers doesn’t help.
I don’t intend on being someone who just complains without offering another suggestion.
My suggestion is this, rather than ban the breeds outright – why can we not find a happy medium with a registry within the city limits? In order to own a dog on the “dangerous breeds” list, one must first register, just as you would have to do with a gun. I’m sure many of the breed advocates would be willing to do a breed education course which the hopeful owner would have to attend and pass. Should their dog bite, maim or kill anyone – there are legal ramifications that normal law-abiding people fear. Why can this option not be visited?
You know as well as anyone that if the criminal element wishes to have dogs, guns, drugs, prostitutes – a “law” or “ban will not deter them. In fact, it would likely make having such more appealing.
It’s time to change. Those of us who are responsible dog owners – whatever breed or mutt we love – should not be made to pay a price for those who use these dogs as weapons, status symbols, or a way to fund drugs, prostitution and gang violence.
Education is the best weapon to fight ignorance and hatred.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,

[name]
Thank you and this will be added to the Packet I had Devloped for the Councile members.

somebody went to colledge

Yes we were pushed back to wednesday aparently cutting public school funds right now way to f@#king go denver! WAHOO

Welcome to Colorado 49th in Funding Public Schools!!!!
******WE HAVE BUMPER STICKERS THAT SAY THIS SAD BUT TRUE*******

More BS Issues to Make our Cause go back of the bus
-Street Repair!!!!! You should see how much tar we use here
-Public School Funding!!!! Importiant butJust give them more Money
-Budject Cuts for "ANIMAL CONTROL" LOL Part of the problem fire the jerks who take dogs outta homes and put them in the city care for a week and spend the city's money to feed then kill (about 200$) these Dangerous Dogs.
we shall see
VI VA LA PITBULLS

Last edited by SJRabbit; 08-18-2009 at 11:49 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Field Marshal

the 25th is this tuesday been bugging the $hit outta local news and trying to get the National to Cover, feel free to bug the s&!t outta cnn and fox lol
Old 08-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Field Marshal

Looks like the ralley is going to be a big, But we shall see as long as everyone shows Im going to bring a video camera then post it on youtube
Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
Looks like the ralley is going to be a big, But we shall see as long as everyone shows Im going to bring a video camera then post it on youtube
Awesome! Best of luck with it!!!
btw, what's your youtube channel thing? I wanna subscribe!!!lol
Old 08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Field Marshal

same as my aon handle, I have never posted s&!t on it hahahaha
Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
same as my aon handle, I have never posted s&!t on it hahahaha
LOL, I see that!LOL I subscribed(patiently awaiting that video upload now) and sent ya a friend request too.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Field Marshal

Off to the extremly long day it's 6am here in the town of doggy death, and woohoo T- 7 hours, Have not slept for s&!t cause im so jacked for today we shall see, If you make it my Dog Thanks you and all other bullys as well, If you Could Not make it send the good vibes a mile high.

Lets end BSL or BLS whatever the f@#k Denver calls it these days

On a side note I was asked to leave my gun at home hahahaa
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Corporal

All my fingers and toes are crossed!!! Let's hope the people in office see this breed for what they really are, loving, sweet, and the best in the world!!! All my positive energy is aimed at you guys!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Field Marshal

<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0' width='320' height='305' id='embeddedplayer'><param name='movie' value='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-kusa-316-pub01-live/current/immersive20080129/immersive/client/embedded/embedded.swf'/><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'/><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'/><param name='scale' value='noscale'/><param name='salign' value='LT'/><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000'/><param name='wmode' value='window'/><param name='FlashVars' value='playerId=fullpageplayer&referralObject=1226 625125&referralPlaylistId=8df7c58e0445b1bffd68c0a9 c41a97bcae4c7c81&adServerBasePath=http://gannett.gcion.com/adrawdata/.0/5111.1/506907/0/0/header=yes;cc=2;cookie=info;alias=&adPositionId=vi deo_prestream&adSiteId=video.9news.com/&gpaperCode=gntbcstkusa&marketName=Denver, CO&division=broadcast&pageContentCategory=video&pa geContentSubcategory=fullpageplayer'/><embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://gannett.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/gannett-kusa-316-pub01-live/current/immersive20080129/immersive/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='embeddedplayer' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' menu='false' quality='high' play='false' name='fullpageplayer' height='305' width='320' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' scale='noscale' salign='LT' bgcolor='#000000' wmode='window' flashvars='playerId=fullpageplayer&referralObject= 1226625125&referralPlaylistId=8df7c58e0445b1bffd68 c0a9c41a97bcae4c7c81&adServerBasePath=http://gannett.gcion.com/adrawdata/.0/5111.1/506907/0/0/header=yes;cc=2;cookie=info;alias=&adPositionId=vi deo_prestream&adSiteId=video.9news.com/&gpaperCode=gntbcstkusa&marketName=Denver, CO&division=broadcast&pageContentCategory=video&pa geContentSubcategory=fullpageplayer'/></object>

Haha My camera Broke Im that good looking pitbull owner "Tattooed, sun glasses, skin hat
that did not get on the news. but i got my ugly mug in there hahaha

Tags
bls, colorado, denver, protest, ralley