Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Private

Default Eikon EMS-300 vs. Critical Tattoo CX-2

These are the two power supply options I'm thinking about purchasing. I found myself explaining the pros and cons of each one to a fellow artist and ended up almost convincing myself on getting the CX-2. But then I go back and look at the EMS-300 and I can't decide. Any suggestions?

Eikon EMS-300: http://eikondevice.com/EDI_catalog/c...upply/2538.php

Critical Tattoo CX-2: http://criticaltattoo.com/cx2%20tatt...r%20supply.htm
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Private

Default Re: Eikon EMS-300 vs. Critical Tattoo CX-2

I had an ems300. But changed it for a CX2 when I got in to rotary machines as the ems300 doesn't work with them (tho I think they might have fixed that)

I'd say both are equal quality wise.
But I liked the ems300 better.
The ems you cam set it to remember 4 voltage settings. You can tweak them as you work but then press the button again to go back to your original voltage.
The cx2 has 4 voltage banks. But you can't set any defaults, if you change one as you are working it's now set to the new voltage.

It's not a big thing, but it's something I liked.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChaos View Post
I had an ems300. But changed it for a CX2 when I got in to rotary machines as the ems300 doesn't work with them (tho I think they might have fixed that)

I'd say both are equal quality wise.
But I liked the ems300 better.
The ems you cam set it to remember 4 voltage settings. You can tweak them as you work but then press the button again to go back to your original voltage.
The cx2 has 4 voltage banks. But you can't set any defaults, if you change one as you are working it's now set to the new voltage.

It's not a big thing, but it's something I liked.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Would you say that if it wasn't for the issue of incompatibility with your rotary machines, would you still stick with the Eikon?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Private

yeah for sure.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Corporal

EIkon or die! plus they invented that s&!t!
Plus their customer service is unbeatable.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenKing View Post
EIkon or die! plus they invented that s&!t!
Plus their customer service is unbeatable.
lol That's what I'm leaning towards. Btw completely unrelated, I'm thinking about buying the performance upgrade parts you have for sale on your site. Will they work on any machine? I have a brass jonesy frame shader that I want to upgrade the coils, springs and armature bars on. How much do they run?
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

I LOVE EIKON!

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 04-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoos_By_Sedano View Post
lol That's what I'm leaning towards. Btw completely unrelated, I'm thinking about buying the performance upgrade parts you have for sale on your site. Will they work on any machine? I have a brass jonesy frame shader that I want to upgrade the coils, springs and armature bars on. How much do they run?
Hey man regarding off board subjects please contact me directly I have a site. For respect towards Brandon and Co, I am just here to share subjects with other members not to sale or vent out about my machines.
Hope you don't get me wrong.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Corporal

If you could pm me your web address I'd like to check it out too
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Platoon Sargent

Just look dude, it's right in his signature.

Anyhow, I have the CX-2 and LOVE it. I like the advantage of just being able to throw a bag over it while I tattoo, something you can't do with the Eikon. It's super convenient. To me that's the only worthwhile difference between the two.

Tags
critical, cx2, eikon, ems300, powersupply, products or techniques, suggestions, tattoo