Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: anybody have this experience??

for clients that arent really good with communicating what they want, i do a quick color sketch for em. Extra three minutes is worth the lifetime of hassle. I had a client walk out once too. Not because he wasn't pleased with the tattoo, but because he thought he could get away with it, i guess. Bad idea when you leave the shop, and then walk home. Fortunately, when I followed him to his house a block away, he gave me money. phew.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Field Marshal

a couple of weeks ago i had this girl come in for a custom neo-traditional anchor and waves with a banner reading unsinkable. cool chick with other cool tattoos as well. i've got 90% of the outline done and while i'm doing the lettering she hears her cell ring. without warning she launches out of the chair to answer the stupid f@#king phone. i dragged a 1/4 inch line on the first "N".... FFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKK. i was able to hide it with some simple shading, but come on damn it. the tattoo is there forever, the call can wait, or at least leave a voice mail. i point out what her jumping around caused and asked her to sit still for the remainder of the tattoo. not even 10 minutes later the phone rings again and like some sort of Pavlovian dog, she goes lunging for the f@#king phone again. at this point, i told her sit still or we're through for the day. she gets all apologetic and promises to be still. then the boyfriend comes in the shop, she gets all excited to show him the progress and jumps out of the chair without warning. strike 3, i yelled at her like i was scolding a friggin' child. then she gets all bent with me for yelling at her and tells me how rude i am. guess what? i am rude, especially to dumb ass 18 year old chicks who thinks her s&!t don't stink. f@#kin tattooed barbie, kiss a fat babies d**k. asshole....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
a couple of weeks ago i had this girl come in for a custom neo-traditional anchor and waves with a banner reading unsinkable. cool chick with other cool tattoos as well. i've got 90% of the outline done and while i'm doing the lettering she hears her cell ring. without warning she launches out of the chair to answer the stupid f@#king phone. i dragged a 1/4 inch line on the first "N".... FFFFUUUUCCCCCKKKKK. i was able to hide it with some simple shading, but come on damn it. the tattoo is there forever, the call can wait, or at least leave a voice mail. i point out what her jumping around caused and asked her to sit still for the remainder of the tattoo. not even 10 minutes later the phone rings again and like some sort of Pavlovian dog, she goes lunging for the f@#king phone again. at this point, i told her sit still or we're through for the day. she gets all apologetic and promises to be still. then the boyfriend comes in the shop, she gets all excited to show him the progress and jumps out of the chair without warning. strike 3, i yelled at her like i was scolding a friggin' child. then she gets all bent with me for yelling at her and tells me how rude i am. guess what? i am rude, especially to dumb ass 18 year old chicks who thinks her s&!t don't stink. f@#kin tattooed barbie, kiss a fat babies d**k. asshole....
I think we're scratching the surface, and how did this experience make you feel?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Field Marshal

read my avatar, hahaha. because it's exactly what jesus would do.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

i ask my clients to either turn their cell phone off or leave it with one of the people in their support group. 9 times out of ten when i explain to them why, they agree without question.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Private

i just tell people to sit still or im gonna f@#k up they're tattoo, it works most of the time
Old 05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecise View Post
i just tell people to sit still or im gonna f@#k up they're tattoo, it works most of the time

Yep, i agree..................simple yet very effective.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:24 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I can't imagine moving while someone has a needle in my arm. That's just retarded. I stay as still as f@#king possible and even try to breath slower. I don't take chances.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
THE JAGERMASTER
Corporal

i had a girl come in last night wanting me to cover up a tattoo i did on her 6 months ago.....i saw the piece and remembered how hardheaded this girl was..."i want an all hot pink ribbon the size of my pinkie nail on my wrist but no black" i proceeded to tell her about the pitfalls of teenie tiny tattoos and how the location she wanted it was ?susceptible? to fall out and she said she didnt care....she wanted exactly what she wanted and nothing else...so...nigga had to eat....i did the tattoo. she comes back in last night telling me how she wants it bigger with an outline this time. i gave her a hard time about listening to my opinion and knowledge of tattooing and how if she woulda listened the first time we wouldnt be in this situation of covering it....after about a million(15) tries on her wrist i finally sketched one up she liked...and when i started tattooing her she kept asking me if i was done yet....are you done yet.....how much longer....why does it hurt so bad. it was so bad she was annoying other clients....all in all....clients dont need to listen to our input....because we dont know what we are doing

http://www.myspace.com/jonathonwant

Tags
experience