Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Cross Contamination

til states or feds have better standards. any ol scratcher that can afford the fee for a licence can have their very own tattoo shop.
some sort of blood born pathogens class at a min...
hell there will always be slack fu@ks makin us all look bad.
all the more reason we should all stay AWARE of our self as well as others.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Field Marshal

its weird the most backwards state had the best regulations to me:

TN requires licensing, minimum year apprenticeship under licensed artist of at least three years, and blood born pathogen class must be passed, and only offered twice a year.

TX (austin) only had heath department inspections and the shop blanketed the artists, but i will tell you it was the first time a health inspector KNEW what to ask and look for. they really tried to bust balls AND inspected individual artists! i for one, welcomed that. quiz me...and make me set up and break down. please.

FL... Doctor supervision (usually just a pay off) and annual inspections.
Artists blanketed under shop license. Pretty weak actually.
Health Department doesnt inspect individual artists.

those are the only states ive tattooed in long enough to get to know the laws.

anyone else to add to the list?!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Recruit

a spore test is the best they have hear......
Old 05-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Private

that s&!t kills me, some of my favs are closingthe autoclave with dirty gloves picking up the madacide with dirty gloves and leaving paper towels on station
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Field Marshal

texas mickey!! where you been! i havent seen you on here in forever!

ive seen that same s&!t man its so crazy. people dont think, dont use common sense, and dont use UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Private

I'm glad Im not the only one who goes through a bunch of gloves. I figure when in doubt...change the gloves! And pay attention to what your touching!!!

I went to visit an artist at a shop in MA and the piercer/owner informed me that there is a five foot radius of contamination from the machine running (can anyone confirm/deny). Either way I like to keep that in mind with bagging and cleanup! I may not be up there with my skills yet but Im not infecting people!

http://www.myspace.com/6318801/photo...2185797?page=1
Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmickey View Post
that s&!t kills me, some of my favs are closingthe autoclave with dirty gloves picking up the madacide with dirty gloves and leaving paper towels on station
I've seen s&!t like that get people fired right on the spot here in Fl.

My favorite though was I watched a piercing apprentice bend down and ring out the dirty mop with his bare hands while mopping the shop. The Boss Grabbed him by the neck and tossed his ass out the front door.

I made a mistake during my apprenticeship of grabbing a doorknob with a glove on. it was clean, but noone in the shop but me could be sure of that. I had to buy new knobs for every door in the shop as my punishment. I never made that mistake again.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometcowgirl View Post
I'm glad Im not the only one who goes through a bunch of gloves. I figure when in doubt...change the gloves! And pay attention to what your touching!!!

I went to visit an artist at a shop in MA and the piercer/owner informed me that there is a five foot radius of contamination from the machine running (can anyone confirm/deny). Either way I like to keep that in mind with bagging and cleanup! I may not be up there with my skills yet but Im not infecting people!
that kinda sounds 'fishy', but using the 5ft radius is a good idea for precautionary measures at least in that radius...if your machine is runnin that hard its throwing blood and s&!t into the air, your doing it wrong :P

I think thats meant to be taken as within that area the potential for cross contamination is HIG, so you should be doing s&!t right within that radius...ya know? For once the fishy story might have a good reason for its propagation.

1 set gloves for setup, change to 2nd set for inks and caps and materials, inks are opened with a clean towel, discarded after each color for a fresh one, change gloves, apply stencil, or freehand drawing with surgical marker, 1 use, let dry, wash hands, new set of gloves for machine setup with tube and needle, bag machines, change gloves, start tattooing....usually break after outline, wash hands, smoke, wash hands again, change gloves.....LOL, no wonder im OCD huh?

im no expert, but i pretty much wipe everything down in my entire room after each customer, and make sure my barriers are disposed of, everything they or i or anyone else touched gets the once over with a chemical sterilant. {our shop is 100% disposeable as far as stuff in contact with the client}. Bottles, cords, machines, my chair, armrests, are all bagged or barriered. Floors mopped between clients {personally im ink messy}, and the chair is wiped too, head to foot.

Im a smoker too, so i take a lot of breaks on big pieces, so i use a s&!t-ton of gloves regardless LOL

Last edited by SugarT; 06-02-2009 at 12:07 AM..
Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarT View Post
Im a smoker too, so i take a lot of breaks on big pieces, so i use a s&!t-ton of gloves regardless LOL
I just got me one of those electric cigerettes because I'm trying to quit. tell you what, nothing like having something you can bite your teeth down on and still inhale nicotine all in the comfort of the indoors. I still change my gloves every time I break the thing out. But I love not having to go outside to enjoy my nicotine, I instead can go to the fridge and grab a soda, take a piss, Stick it in my mouth, bite down, throw on some gloves and wipe stuff down, all kinds of advantages. I've never tried actually working with this thing and I would recommend it to anyone, but I do like the fact that I can take my gloves of, pop this thing in, put new gloves on and wipe down incase the client is a real bleeder (working out of my house, They sometimes tend to go drinking the night before like real assholes) But I love this thing and use my time wiser than I would if I was standing out front bulls&!tting while I smoke.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Private

electric ciggarettes!? what will they think of next?!!:ha ppy3:

Tags
contamination, cross