Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Private

Default promoting? getting your name out there

Hello all first thred. my name is chris higgins i am a eugene oregon tattoo artist just started about a year ago in this shop black magic tattoos our web site is www.blackmagictats.com. or look me up on face book to see my newer tattoos i been doing.

well this post is about promoting my self what would you guys recomend i am a good artist and my work is getting better every tattoo i do alot of cover ups from the tattoo shops around. there is a few shops around doing good work but there is not many most do crapy stuff. my boss does radio starting this week and the web site. i have my facebook with alot of my friends and client that helps alot. we also pass out flyers with 20% off. it works but i want to get my name out there more. the clients going to the other s&!tty shops around i do not think know any better. goal is to be the go to guy around town. i sending off to the magazines soon to get published will be nice but for the general clients i do not think they look at who did the tattoos in the magazines they just think oh pretty tattoo next page lol.

artist look and like oh bad ass who did that one lol. so just trying to get some more ideas of promoting for my self and ways to get my name out there more. thanks for your time guys
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Private

Default Re: promoting? getting your name out there

Mate your doing as much as possible... Not sure about the 20% off vouchers?... Makes you look desperate, people mst think ur not busy and need customers cos you aint that good. I have seen your work and its fantastic! But this business isnt overnight most people take 10-15 years to get the "celebrity status" keep pumping out good work and it will come in time, i have only been tattooing a year and im finding the same thing!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Do good tattoos, and don't be a s&!thead to clients. Word of mouth does alot for local status, do a good looking tattoo, and they'll tell all their friends to go to you, and anyone else that asks "who did that sweet-ass tattoo ?".
Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by flufftattooist View Post
Mate your doing as much as possible... Not sure about the 20% off vouchers?... Makes you look desperate, people mst think ur not busy and need customers cos you aint that good. I have seen your work and its fantastic! But this business isnt overnight most people take 10-15 years to get the "celebrity status" keep pumping out good work and it will come in time, i have only been tattooing a year and im finding the same thing!
ya i been at the shop about a year now to we do the 20% to get people in the door i see what you mean about desperate. every one wants a good deal lol.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
Do good tattoos, and don't be a s&!thead to clients. Word of mouth does alot for local status, do a good looking tattoo, and they'll tell all their friends to go to you, and anyone else that asks "who did that sweet-ass tattoo ?".
ya thats what i been trying to do even if its some thing small i try do make it look the best i can and even throw some extra in there to make it look good. i usually been cutting deals for them so it gets around that i am doing good work at a good price. and ya word of mouth is how i get most my clients. i tell them also that every ten people they send in i will give them $100 off there next tattoo
Old 01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishiggins View Post
Hello all first thred. my name is chris higgins i am a eugene oregon tattoo artist just started about a year ago in this shop black magic tattoos our web site is www.blackmagictats.com. or look me up on face book to see my newer tattoos i been doing.

well this post is about promoting my self what would you guys recomend i am a good artist and my work is getting better every tattoo i do alot of cover ups from the tattoo shops around. there is a few shops around doing good work but there is not many most do crapy stuff. my boss does radio starting this week and the web site. i have my facebook with alot of my friends and client that helps alot. we also pass out flyers with 20% off. it works but i want to get my name out there more. the clients going to the other s&!tty shops around i do not think know any better. goal is to be the go to guy around town. i sending off to the magazines soon to get published will be nice but for the general clients i do not think they look at who did the tattoos in the magazines they just think oh pretty tattoo next page lol.

artist look and like oh bad ass who did that one lol. so just trying to get some more ideas of promoting for my self and ways to get my name out there more. thanks for your time guys
You realize that I did a 3 dvd set of Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the whole enchilada tattoo seminar series that is about 1 third entirely about how to promote yourself and your studio as a tattoo artist right ? hahahaha

http://strangleholdmerch.com/seminar-dvd-c-19.html there you go - everything you need to do in three quick discs.

the hard part is actually doing it all hahaha
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Private

ya i have the first two sets still waiting on the next one to come out lol. i will have to watch them again its been awhile since i have watched them lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Field Marshal

which do you have?

Vol 1 is one disc

and

Vol 2 Is 2 discs

Vol 3 has been locked down... like a chastitybelt on a safe.

However we do have some suprises already being edited.

Something amazing - something with Paul Booth, and something without him hahahhaa.

about this exact topic.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Private

ya i have the first three well let me know when what you are working on is ready to ship and i will pre pay lol. cause i know it going to be the s&!t. always learn something
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I thought The Whole Enchilada came with a list of magazines and their numbers for artists to use to really put their names out there.

Tags
promoting