Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-01-2009, 06:23 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Default Tattoo Highway - New Tattoo show

So has anyone caught this show on A&E yet. I watched 2 episodes yesterday. I have no words......it's Thomas Pendelton from the other show "Inked". He travels around in a tattoo bus tattooing "celebrities" and others with "sad" stories. I saw one where he put the ashes of some dudes dead daughter into the ink and tattoo'd a portrait. He cried alot in the episode which was quite weird.

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Default Re: Tattoo Highway - New Tattoo show

Yeah, I'm personally not really interested in this one. for some reason I just can't watch the T.V. shows that are turning these artists into "Celebrities". The documentarys about the history of the art on NatGeo, and the Tattoo Collector show, where the guy tavels through different cultures actually going through their traditional ceremonies getting his body modified, are the ones I can't tune away from.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Private

I looooove the episode where he goes back to his old high school and cries about how hard it was and how it was Hell on earth for him, yadda, yadda, "I rode a skateboard and got beat up by cowboys"...then, he goes on to say that he only spent half of his freshman year at that school!
Jeez man, what's that? like 4 months??
wow, that must've been a rough four months if you still can't let it go when you're in your 30's.

All in all, from what I've seen, it's a cool concept (in a way), but not a very good show over all. I think the tattoos so far that they've shown have been weak.
I'm sure I'll check out another episode or two, but I'm sure not gonna go out of my way. I can watch our apprentice do stuff that looks like that all day long...and he doesn't cry the whole time
Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

I seen the show, it's ok way more tattooing then on the other shows, but did anybody else notice the shameless Eternal Tattoo Ink Promo's every tattoo,

Im with Johnny "The Tattoo Hunter" the collector guy is also Intresting but also shows you how not to ever get a tattoo, I was Freaking out when i seen the african lady cutting him then rubbing the pigment in with her un covered hands in the land of AIDS

These Shows are getting outta hand Thank god Bond man has turned them down, and I hope Many Others.

If there was a show for every Great Tattooer or Just Internationally known there could be a whole channel on just Tattooing and Tattoo's
Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Field Marshal

of course the tattoos are weak!!!!! its a crap tv show!!!!! its not like some retard is going to get a full back or chest piece on a bus in a half hour. i have not watched it and i do not intend on watching it. NOW a dope show to watch is Deadliest Warrior on SPIKE.
and the new Jesse James show is cool too.....
Old 06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Jesse James show is f@#kn awsome
Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Zombie Hunter
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
Im with Johnny "The Tattoo Hunter" the collector guy is also Intresting but also shows you how not to ever get a tattoo, I was Freaking out when i seen the african lady cutting him then rubbing the pigment in with her un covered hands in the land of AIDS

These Shows are getting outta hand Thank god Bond man has turned them down, and I hope Many Others.
I agree, I Cringe usually at least once an episode, but the cool thing is learning the history behind each cultures tattoos, why they get them, and what rights of passage have to be gone through in order to earn them.

It kinda always puts me in my place. I can drive up the block from my house any day of the week and pay someone at a shop to put any tattoo I want on me for any damn reason, in a clean and sterile enviornment. and the only thing I had to do for it was sit for the length of the tattoo and shell out a few bucks.

and then watching this show I really feel bad about that. I mean, it's great for me because it's how I make my living, but these people really go through some s&!t before they can get tattooed. I Never wanna have to lift weights hanging from my Prince Albert or let someone slice into me with a sharpened stone just to get my artwork. It really makes me thankful I live in this culture.

I do wish there was a disclaimer on the show that NOONE should ever be try it at home, or let their idiot friends try it either, and there actually may be and I just never pay attention. I also agree that there are way to many of them. Hell, I remember when I was leaving Las Vegas tattoo, they had just started filming the show Tattoo Underground for UPN and WB there. It's alot of the reason I left. Thank god I only appeared in one episode and it was me making funny faces while getting tattooed. But I mean really its recockulous how many of these shows are popping up.

not to say I don't respect the people on them most of the time. I know what it's like for the guys who are still green.its hard being a new artist who's still learning by putting flash on friends and a few of the walk ins and then having a Camera hang over your shoulder the entire time makes it even more stressful cause you never know whats gonna make it to air. In the end, I'm glad I mostly ended up on the cutting room floor, but my phone still rings every time they run a re-run of the one episode I'm still in.

And I'm rambling, can you tell I'm bored. Good news is, I've got an interview at a shop tomorrow, so Hopefully I get it. Cause even if its slow, I'll at least feel like I'm working again just from having to get up and go somewhere in order to sit around and wait to tattoo people.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Corporal

That show is setting us back 20 years. Pure garbage.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhaddon View Post
I saw one where he put the ashes of some dudes dead daughter into the ink and tattoo'd a portrait. He cried alot in the episode which was quite weird.
Ashes? Can you u do that? I mean w/o risking a clients health? i know its is ash and carbon but cmon....
Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
MagicOPromotion

Default Tattoo Highway New Tattoo show

I hope this is in the right thread. Every time new avatar clothing comes out for xbox 360 it never shows up for me. I can only use the original and the first new clothing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tags
highway, show, tattoo