Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: pale skin versus dark skin: prejudice in canvas

here are some pics. hope they work. some darker skinned clients. I still an trying to work with the contrast but I have had most people pretty pleased.

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:49 PM
The Chocha Choker
Corporal

hahaha Sponge bob?! Damn how did I know ya boy HAD to be from the South?!haha... but yo that second one in the buisness man thats some nice work there...All 3 look good..Im not a fan of the lettering on the 3rd but over all cool work man.
he'll even tell you how I packed a #2 pencil......
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Field Marshal

thanks dude. much appreciated. merry xmas.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Private

Question Re: pale skin versus dark skin: prejudice in canvas

sponge bob on your hands.
for LIFE.
wow. i wonder what his/her occupation is...lol
Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoxzemia View Post
sponge bob on your hands.
for LIFE.
wow. i wonder what his/her occupation is...lol
interestingly enough, i asked him. he was a construction worker. usually tattoos on hands i take it case by case, i ask them to think about it for a few days, make an appointment, come back, think of the SERIOUS life impact. (ive got both hands tattooed as well) but when you come in at noon, dirty, stinky and two arms covered in sketchy tattoos, ill give you what you want, you've earned it. haha
Old 12-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
interestingly enough, i asked him. he was a construction worker. usually tattoos on hands i take it case by case, i ask them to think about it for a few days, make an appointment, come back, think of the SERIOUS life impact. (ive got both hands tattooed as well) but when you come in at noon, dirty, stinky and two arms covered in sketchy tattoos, ill give you what you want, you've earned it. haha
wow!
amazing.
lmao
Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Corporal

yea construction workers are the best clients however the healing process is a bit of a concern every time i tattoo them. when i tattoo darker clients especially those with sleeves in mind i tend to leave more space between each piece i do so the fill in work can make a better contrast. all i gotta say is i feel more comfortable working color on a pale canvas. sometimes artists tend to overwork color on darker skin because they cant see the color going in.. then you get this awful scar. whats worse than a bright white scar on a dark skinned client. then you deal with them never coming back. most darker skinned people in the bay area are getting black light color work if not just simple red and green color... white highlights are nice and more than often they never want color or even white highlights..i have never tattooed color on any dark skin person other than a hispanic person in my year and a half career.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Field Marshal

I like the pieces a lot, I would recommend a wider color pallette - ranging from DARKER towards something - in other words especially with dark skin you want to start dark and work your way to a medium hue.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
I like the pieces a lot, I would recommend a wider color pallette - ranging from DARKER towards something - in other words especially with dark skin you want to start dark and work your way to a medium hue.
thanks for the kind words. that makes good sense.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Corporal

could you give us a example with those pics above. i am a bit confused. i think you mean add more black shading around the pieces or what?

Tags
canvas, dark, pale, prejudice, skin, versus