Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Corporal

Default thermal for $399! wtf

seen a thermafax in Cam for $399, anyone know if this thing is a giant piece o crap, or just a really good deal.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Default Re: thermal for $399! wtf

I don't know, but it will reduce/enlarge your image, that looks kinda cool.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
I don't know, but it will reduce/enlarge your image, that looks kinda cool.
that is cool but it seems like that could be expensive especially if the client is really nitpicky about the size. i saw an ad for one once that you could hook up to your computer and make stencils from line drawings on your pc
Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmickey View Post
i saw an ad for one once that you could hook up to your computer and make stencils from line drawings on your pc
That's a dot matrix printer.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Corporal

check out this video. It's pretty much the same thermo that cam is selling. Works much slower than a 3m model. Dunno what to think about it yet.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdxrxCwwUM4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdxrxCwwUM4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Corporal

f@#k!!!! that didn't show. Just check youtube. there's a video on that stuff there.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Corporal

what is the search line to find this video u talkin bout?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Corporal

look up thermofax. the first one that comes up is a regular thermo, click on it and look at the related videos on the left and a couple down should show the thermo in question. I'm gonna try to post the video again. If it doesn't work, just copy and paste the link into your browser and it should come up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdxrxCwwUM4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdxrxCwwUM4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Corporal

goddamnit!!!!! here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdxrxCwwUM4
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
That's a dot matrix printer.
dot matrix's suck balls... we had one at the shop and since i do all custom work it took forever to scan in the image and print it out and once the "stencil" was made it was the lightest and worst stencil i've ever used, i used that thing once and went back to handcutting stencils over the drawings on regular paper and it's worked for me ever since. Best part is it gets my hands ready for the work say if i've had too much coffee and it also makes it a lot easier to re place the stencil more times than with the thermofax. bad part is if the stencil gets f@#ked you gotta re-do everything haha.

Tags
$399, thermal, wtf