Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Recruit

Default Liners bogging down

I've had a recent problem with a couple of my liners, where the machine runs fine loaded, but once I hit the skin it starts to bog down and not put in a solid line, and almost makes a grinding sound. I've changed clip cords, played with the bend on my needles and made sure my front springs weren't worn out, and filed my contact screws of any build-up. I know it must be a problem with my set up. I do use disposable tubes, but it happens with my steel ones too. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Liners bogging down

what voltage are you running?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Field Marshal

turn it up. seriously, if your machines is in fine working condition, that is your problem.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Private

need more info on what you are using... what machine ,what materials is the machine made from what capacitor is on the machine what power supply you are running what footswitch you use. many many things could be factor . could be broken/cracked spring to bad footswitch to s&!tty power from your wall outlet to all kinds of things what needle groupings are you using how many rubber bands are you using how long has it been doing it have you messed with anything on the machine ect. need more info!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Private

While your machine is running, bring you finger under the armature bar as it is going up and down, with the bar making contact with your fingernail. If you move your finger up towards the bar extremely gently, it should hit consistently and with some force. If its not, then turn your voltage up a bit until it does. Its not a perfect test but it allows you to see what difference voltage makes when it comes in contact with resistance, such as the skin.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Recruit

1)try another machine.if it doesnt do the same problem then you know its not your clipcord ,footswich and power supply.
2)if you use big groupings of needles on a machine that its setup is for small group needles by turning up voltage you will make it turn hot so i dont advise it.
3)are there blue sparks on contact screw?if yes change capacitor
and 4)DONT forget to stretch. a lot of tattoo artists and especially the ones who feel confidence on their skills seems to forget or ignore basics because they realize that there are not squares in tattooing and most of their apprenticeship rules that they have been tought are safety rules for a beginner.well ...not all of them.
if none of the above i need more info to give an accurate answer

Tags
bogging, liners