Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Recruit

Default Please help us find a home or rescue to help

Hi, I ran out to the store late last night for a snack and ended up coming home with a hungry pitt bull! I have 2 yorkies who he might like to eat and a golden who might like to eat him so I simply cannot keep him. I have called everyone I know of to call in my area and no one in my area is any help at all. I can only find kill shelters that will take him. None of the no kill shelters will accept animals at all...I just don't get that, what's the point then? I am not willing to send him to a kill shelter as I know his chances are next to nothing there. PLease help us find a home or rescue anywhere near us. We are in Nashville Ga near Valdosta OR Tifton. It will only be a matter of time before my husband puts his foot down and says we HAVE to figure something out. I will post a picture of him later today. He is a sweet heart so far but I am keeping him seperate from my other dogs just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Kim
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Recruit

Default Re: Please help us find a home or rescue to help

Wow, I am surprised to see no one has anything to offer. No posts back at all. I am very amazed and saddened that it is so difficult to help a dog. I could take him to a shelter here where I live but refuse to take a any dog there let alone one that has such a bad record of getting adopted. He is almost certain to be put to sleep in a short time frame and I am definately not the one who will drive him to his death. I spent the entire day calling anyone and everyone within 100 mile radious of me and finally found a shelter who states they will not euthanize unless he has mange or is aggressive or has a contagious disease. He definately doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body, has no mange and I don't think he is sick with anything. I am leary of the place though so will will drive today the hour to check it out but if I am not comfortable with what I see I guess he will be coming home with me until I can find a better place.

I live in South Ga and am willing to travel to help him find a good home so if anyone is interested. I really have no idea how old he is. He is I believe what you call brindle with a white, black and brown head. He is very low key, very friendly. He loves my kids and could care less about my Yorkies. He acts as though they totally bore him. He walk really well on the leash and has just been an angel. I am driving him to the shelter today but will not leave him if I am not happy so please contact me if you are at all interested in this angel boy.

Kim
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Recruit

Hi Kim - I regret to inform you, but I too came to this forum for help about 2 weeks ago with the same problem and received NO HELP what-so-ever. (please see the Pit Bull Rescue thread titled "FOUND:starved, stray pit bull")

I DID find help on Pit Bull Rescue Central - http://www.pbrc.net/! Unfortunately, all of the shelters ARE full and no-one wants or wants to help a stray, starved pit bull. I wish that I could help you! We ended up keeping the dog when we really can't afford it or have the time to spend with it, as we are new parents. Our daughter is only 5 months old. I will say that there are people on this forum that care and appreciate that we've saved these poor animals! Unfortunately, they cannot help us, though.

I wish you tons of luck! And THANK YOU for being an angel to that poor puppy dog!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Recruit

Thank you Jillybeans for replying. I have to say that to see the amount of views to my post and not one single reply but yours does open my eyes. I thought a rescue organization was there to help but from what I see there is little to no wiliingness to help at all, it is very sad. I will not be supporting any rescues who are this ungiving in even helping with information that might have helped. I read your thread and saw the phot of your poor baby. She is very lucky to have found you. I am always amazed when I come across an animal in need to see how many people just walk right on by and don't care to help. People like you are so needed and make the world a better place. Thank YOU.

I wish we could have kept the poor guy we found. I am not a pitt fan at all but quickly fell in love in the 2 days he was here with us. Were it not for my 2 yorkies and golden we already have he would have stayed with us. I have never met a better behaved and sweeter dog than he was. I took him to the shelter yesterday after spending many hours searching for a place that would NOT put him down. I drove an hour to get there, asked many questions, checked out the facilities and made it clear that I would be checking in on him regularly until he found a home. I think he will be ok but in the end I stood at my car in absolute tears that I had just left that sweet soul in such a dismal place. I though about him all night and wondered how he must feel in that dark hall of cages on a susspended mesh floor with nothing soft to sleep on and no one to pet him. I thought I was doing the right thing yet in the end I felt like pure evil leaving him there.

I just don't understand why there aren't better programs in place for these souls and why the ones that are in place don't seem to be as caring as you would think they would be about the souls they are supposed to be rescuing.

Tags
find, home, rescue