Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Alla Prima colors

seriously sjr? thats part of my aftercare instructions and we all use aquaphor including myself. everyone that has had problems with healin em used it, except one that used bagbalm? i have had 2 heal successfully, one with h2ocean foam and one guy that will only use straight vaseline. maybe the pigment and the aquaphor just cant get along?

oh and has anyone noticed an OVERPOWERING alcohol odor from theirs?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

yeah man hate to say it but Aquaphor is olny good for diapper rash, anything that is highly medicated has a high chance to destroy any propriatary in ink...Vaseline is just petrol so all it does is moisen the skin, H2Ocean foam is basically DIAL soap....Problem is too many ass holes try to heal quicker then you can anyway and thinking that if they cake their tattoo in a medicated blah blah It will stop hurting....People can't deal with a whooping month of Pain it's a f@#king Tattoo...I will always blame aftercare before the ink due to whining little b1tc4es.... and yeah I had my first hey can you touch this up today asked him what he used after i told him to not use s&!t and just wash it.... and Drum Roll .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......Aquaphor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im Changing my After care papers to if you use this s&!t I WILL NOT TOUCH IT UP!!!! I think my minds set on this for good
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Corporal

THATS INSANE! the one alla prima piece i had that did heal was on my teacher, and he healed with vaseline. just enough to keep the skin from cracking. i think you are onto something here.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by horiharisu View Post
THATS INSANE! the one alla prima piece i had that did heal was on my teacher, and he healed with vaseline. just enough to keep the skin from cracking. i think you are onto something here.
Nothing New My Mentor was super old school and told me that many years ago. I have noticed with all these newer thicker inks Aquaphor is hell on them.... My Mentor used to tell me all the time that if it looks good when your done with it at the end of the sitting. They shouldn't ever have a problem and never come back pissed off and if they do it was probly them that f@#ked up.....hahahahahaha words to live by for sure
Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 AM
Corporal

the ones that im talking about looked clean, until a week later. ill pm you for emails and send you pics. my other artist was just discussing with me and i think we came up with something useful finally. alla prima is suspended in isopropyl, so if i coat that in aquaphor would it not seal the alcohol in the skin causing irritation and burning? the one that dryhealed worked because the alcohol was able to escape? just a thought....
Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Corporal

OH MY GOD!! Jay...Jack... You guys were right! I had a good customer come in for a second round of color, this is about a month after the 1st round -- all Alla Prima reds and yellows -- An there were spots...EMPTY, NO INK HAVIN' SPOTS...little dots...through out the tattoo!!!! And this guy takes good care of his s&!t and never had a problem healing anything else before. He thinks its because "everyone always has a problem with red", but thats bulls&!t... Looks like I'll be placing an order w/ Waverly TODAY!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Corporal

im serious man, check your bottles for the lot and batch number, all of mine were the freaking same. scares me bad.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Field Marshal

ok folks, we have an entire thread dedicated to is this product good or not. so far there has been more reports of healed product coming back for touch ups. with that being said, why would any of us consider purchasing another batch of any of the colors or sets? we've heard about climate issues, bad batches, poor healed color, seperating too quickly, it's too thin, not mixing well in the bottle. isn't that enough to say it's crap? while it may work for some, it's certainly not for me. in my opinion, it this years "skin candy"
Old 10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Field Marshal

and yes generally i would also blame this sort of thing on the customers after care, but i really don't think that aquaphor is to blame. reason being is that tattoos done with any other pigment brands dont have that problem, it's only with this brand of ink. i'll stick to the aquaphor recomendation. i use it and have nothing but good results with it. so if it works well for me, i certainly would recomend it to my customers. and yes of course, always recomend that the client keeps it clean, that is the most important aspect of healing.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

you have to be careful what you are buying, and putting in peoples skin. i never tried alla prima, and never will. i try to never buy everything i see. do research. the only ink i will be trying soon is waverly, and thats because of the high recommendations it receives. and because its powder, and i think powder is the way to go. i have a friend that was tattooed by philli eddie with spaulding powders over thirty years ago, and its still bright as hell. i think all dispersions fade much more over time, so why bother.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert

Tags
alla, colors, prima