Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Recruit

Default 8 Month Old Pit in Need of Rescue

I reside in San Antonio Texas. My neighbor has a loving, beautiful 8 month old pitbull. He's being negleted and abused. We are having 98 degree days in the shade right now and July and August are our hottest months, which are yet to come.
I have spoke with the owners and it's a dead end to try to get them to change their ways of caring for this little guy "Ashes". He is a white with some black markings and is getting too much sun. You can see he looks like he has sunburn, due to being short chained and not being able to get shade except on approx. his head and shoulders, by getting under the deck. His chain is approx 4ft long and made of HUGE chain links that must weigh 25+ lbs. The owner told me that the way the chain is staked in the ground is with a half of an axle.
When I asked that the owners to bring him in for approx 6-10 minutes while I mow that side of my lawn. (cause I didn't want to frighten him w/the mower) I was told he's too big he weighs more than 40lbs now so he can't come inside. And he wouldn't be scared anyhow. So I gave him a few milk bones and then quickly mowed the 4 strips of lawn I had to mow. He was scared and I have yet to mow again. I gave him bones afterwords too, to try and associate the mowing w/goodies. I have seen him off the chain one time since he was a puppy, and that was to play in the street. I don't think he has EVER had a walk on on a leash. The poor guy is a good dog, he has "fu..ed up owners. My husband has heard him bark once and I have never even heard him bark. He loves attention and even gets up in the heat of the day when he hears my car coming home. Cause he is looking forward to fresh water with ice cubes and a goodies with a little love along with it.
Tonight I removed a few empty cans from his area that he had chewed on and also some other non-toy items that could hurt him. The children that live there are young and they throw rocks and dirt @ the little guy too. 3 days ago I saw the adults bring in a "new puppy" not a pitbull but a very young pup too young to be away from it's mother. And shortly there after the kids had it out there tossing it towards "Ashes" to make them friends. Yeah that's the way to do it. If your insane....
I don't know where to turn here in San Antonio. The shelters that I'm aware of will put him down simply cause he's a pitbull. He's not fixed and I doubt he has any of his shots. I even gave them a paper advertising low cost shots and neutering but it just got tossed in the trash. I need help to save this dog from his suffering. I don't need them (the owners)to torch my home and my critters while I'm at work or something either though. And that is the type of people we are dealing with here.
We have to speak and stand up for those that can't speak or help themselves be it humans or animals. He is a adoptable dog at this point. Even for a family with children and probably cats too. Cause we have many strays in the area and he doesn't go crazy when they go by either. Nor does he freak out when another dog comes into his yard and barks at him. He does alert and stand his ground, but doesn't get all worked up about it.
I googled tonight when I got off work and that's how I learned about you and your wife, and the wonderful things you do to help animals have a life and a better one too. Can you please lead me to someone locally that has ability to do something other than take him and kill him. I don't know how much longer he can take this type of care before he does turn into a dog that will be hard to place. He needs help, and I don't know what else I can do short of putting the chains on the adults that live there and allowing him to go into the air conditioning and relax, like he should have with a loving family.
Thank you for your time in reading this request, and thank you for any help you can share with me.
We can't save them all...but those we save will be greatful. They all deserve a loving healthy home.
Yours Truely,
Netspie
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Recruit

Default Re: 8 Month Old Pit in Need of Rescue

Hi Netspie, I am so very sorry to hear about the pit bull- too often do they end up like this. Do you think the owners would let the dog go if someone offered to "buy" him? Too often I hear of owners only willing to give up their abused dogs for a small fee. I foster for a Pit Bull Rescue far from Texas, but at this point any open, loving arms for this poor guy would be welcomed I am sure. If you think this would be possible, let me know, and we may be able to save this guy. If you would rather, send me an e-mail at gspitbullrescue.mo@gmail.com, I hope to hear from you soon.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
month, pit, rescue