Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

Talking some good advice...please!

hey all..
im just getting to a point of my life where i am venturing out and doing my first tattoo convention in the coming weeks..

however.... as i know that many of you all have been there and done that before me probably a hundred times.. i havnt.. and i am asking for some insight.. some travel knowledge... some guidance on to what to bring, what not to bring, and what to purchase out there... how to pack inks, dealing with the airlines with machines and psupplies on board in my carry ons... etc.. what to get when you get on the ground.... yadda yadda..

ive probably sat down at least a dozen or so times to brainstorm ideas of that all i need to prepare for... but there is NOTHING out there other than winging it.. and after all... we on this forum are professionals (mind you the few dirty birdies who have slipped thru the cracks) but i am asking for some guidance and whatnot to prepare for a show.... ANY ADVICE??? ANY INSIGHT?? please help! if you feel that youd rather PM please do so!

thanks in advanced..
c'jack...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Corporal

Default Re: some good advice...please!

I've never fly but when I drive to conventions, I try to pack as much s&!t as possible, And still forget something
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

I think forgeting something when traveling always happens. Get someone at your shop to double check that you have everything you`ll need.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

well thats just the thing..
NOONE in my shop has done a convention.. and the last time i was at one.. i tried to make mental note as best as possible..
this is where theres some disconnect.. and why im asking for any and all advice.. i figure ill forget something.. and thats ok because ive made friends out where the show's gonna be to get a last minute thing or two if one forgets! (my friend owns a tattoo supply company in the town of the convention! SCORE!!)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Corporal

I just take my wife with me and thank god she carry's a notebook and writes everything down for the day before, So I make her oversee everything, lol.
We take like a truckload of everything thinkable,
Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Field Marshal

dont sweat forgeting small crap like ink caps or rubberbands, there should be a supplier at the show for the small s&!t you may forget. the number one thing you should bring plenty of is $$$$$$. that way should you forget something you can buy it when you get there.

airlines will check all your gear, so be prepared for that, never keep anything metal in your carry on, they will screw you and chances are you have already checked your major gear and will not be able to put it in with your other stuff.

other than that keep your carry on light and simple, bring only what you need. there is a drug store every where in america, so you can always buy deoderant, shampoo or what ever else you may forget

key thing to remember is cash is king...............
Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Private

Just take me... Ill be like... your tour manager... keeping track of all your s&!t... running your errands... keeping you on schedule... oh and dont forget about getting your burgers with no onions and extra crispy fries
Old 09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Corporal

I have a co-worker that has flown a few times to shows, and he said everytime he's traveled your only allowed 100lbs per person. Take a friend to carry extra s&!t
Old 09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

yea i planned on basically packing pretty light, and carrying on my machines, PS, Laptop, and camera... because without those id pretty much be fuct.. no issues with needles in checked bags?? i also plan on mailing out a good deal of my stuff first anyhow as a precaution for the weight issue. since ive seen how those can become issues too.. shoo... Delta only allows like 50 lbs.. so i have to cut even more weight..

but reguardless of supplies, what else have people done in the past and once there was like "awww s&!t.. i forgot this.. or that..?? or i shoulda done this.." thanks for the insight thusfar!! keep it coming!!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:27 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

@ brutal.. um youd pack too much shoes or some bulls&!t.. and be over weight limits for the spare bags.. damn you!

haha

Tags
adviceplease, good