Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Recruit

Red face She's smarter than I am...

We recently rescued a pit mix from a parking lot in East Atlanta Village. She had been on her own for so long that her collar was starting to cut into her neck, but she came to us willingly and let me hold her in my arms all the way back home. I named her Mahoney. She was around four months old when I took her in. I tried placing her with a family I thought was appropriate (who works in the doggie daycare industry), which most definitely did not work out. Mahoney's behavior worsened and we took her back after they expressed their frustrations. They weren't pibble-ready, evidently.

She's around eight months old now and has gone through her first heat. I'm hoping to get her fixed soon.

The whole intention with taking her in was to get her off the street and in with a family who has the knowledge and time that a pit needs. I figured my house is much better than the place she was running around, scavenging for food, and dodging strangers.

Having been through the re-homing process once, I don't feel that I have the skills to find a proper home for her. She does have some socialization issues and can't stand being in a den (my ex-partner works at a doggie daycare and Mahoney would go there most days....we've since broken up and she is moving out) or a crate to the point where she's broken the XL sized crate that I'd bought when I adopted my Newfoundland mix. Mahoney is extremely people shy, but once she's comfortable, she's SUCH the sweet cuddle bug.

She can also open doors that swing in and doors that swing out. Smart. Cookie. I'm convinced that she's somehow kin to Charles Xavier. Mind control, man.

As far as I've experienced, she's good with cats, leary of children but not bad with them, and good with other dogs.

Can you help me find her a home? I'm feeling exceedingly guilty every time I leave the house and she's cooped up (well, the crate is four times her size, so she's not exactly cooped up) there. I'm posting here because of the reputation of All or Nothing. Mahoney needs a new home soon.

Here are a few links to photos of her both recent and from the day she came home.

This is the most recent photo of her:

Thank you for any help you can give.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Default Re: She's smarter than I am...

I am working on to see if we can find a home for her.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Recruit

Thanks so much, Nicole!!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Recruit

Hey, Nicole. I'm just checking in to see if you've had any luck finding Mahoney a new home. Time is growing very short for me to be able to keep her and I'm having no luck on my end with it. At the very least, I would love to find someone who could foster her until she finds her next home.

Let me know. You can email me at gasparda@gmail.com or alishag@wncwlaw.com.

Thanks again!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Recruit

Came across this post totally by accident. I am Mahoney's mum. She came to me in Aug 2010 and she has been a blessing in my life. I love her and she is mummy's cuddle bug. She has issues still but due to a relationship I had most of this year, she is overcoming a fear of men. Her panic attacks can get on my last nerve but I am sure she could tell you that mine get on her nerves too LOL Love her so much!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

I am so stoked to see you are on this messageboard! Thats great! Thanks for joining us!

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Tags
smarter