Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Default Laser Tattoo Removal

Was wondering if anyone out there has had experience with Laser Tattoo Removal. I have an appointment in July to get a couple portions of a black and grey tattoo lasered so that they can be fixed. If anyone has had any laser tattoo removal procedures done I'd like to get your take on it. I've read-up on it alot but haven't talked to anyone who has actually got it done. Looking for how many procedures it took you, how big of a tattoo you got removed. Did you get it entirely removed or just lightened for a coverup or a fix. If you have any before and after pictures. Was it a good experience, was the outcome what you had hoped. Just anything personally you'd like to say about the procedure. I know prices, how long it takes, that it does hurt a little, I know that black and grey is easier to laser than color…etc. Thanks everyone who replies.

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Laser Tattoo Removal

I haven't had it, but I had a long conversation with a guy at the ATL convention who had a large piece on his arm 'removed'. He was finished with the third session and it was all but gone. He said that its a much more serious wound afterward (than a tattoo), and that the impact on your life (movement, pain, sterile dressings in need of change, etc...) is greater than with a tattoo. He told me that he strongly recommends that if you are getting anything larger than 3"x3" done at once, you take a day or two off of work (if possible) to heal and rest.

Its a serious burn...with the golfball sized blisters and all that you would expect from a burn of that caliber.

If it were me, I would pop so many pain pills before hand...they would have to carry me into the chair.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Private

Yeah, it pretty much sucks.
I've had three sessions on a four inch band all the way around my bicep.
After every session my arm swells up and the fluid drains down to my elbow area making my whole arm feel pretty tight. I would try to set your appointment up so you don't work the next day.
This is what it looks like after three sessions
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I think about one more session and I will get it covered.

Last edited by Dross; 06-26-2007 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Thanks alot guys.......I appreciate the info. One question Dross, was that middle part a different color than black. I heard black is supposed to be the easiest to remove. I woulda thought more of the tattoo would be gone after 3 sessions. I got smaller parts to laser but they are dark black.

Christopher McCandless

Last edited by terryhaddon; 06-26-2007 at 09:16 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Private

The middle part was solid black, really solid. It was a coverup of another band that was mostly black. So you see there are several layers of black. sucks. There was grey shading on both sides on the band that is completely gone now and you can see that the red has responded very well too.

Tags
laser, removal, tattoo