Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Default moving to new state, advice on finding work

any advice on how to get a job in another state? ive been tattooing for 3 yrs at the same shop that i started at. my wife wants to move out to portland to be closer to her family. i have no prob with this (portland is cooler than latham) but im unsure about how to go about getting into a shop that i A: have never been to, and B: never met anyone from.

my plan is to try and talk to friends out there to try and gauge whos good and whos busy...etc. ive looked at web pages to try to eliminate the s&!t shops.

so whats next? emails? send out press packets? guest spots?(that one is costly to get out there)

i just dont want to get out there and end up in a disaster.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Corporal

Default Re: moving to new state, advice on finding work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickradsean View Post
emails? send out press packets? guest spots?(that one is costly to get out there)
Sean if you find a shop or several that would be good enough for you I would do all of the above...if you can...I would send your packet and get in touch anyway you can...remember alot can be decieving if you haven't seen first hand! Good Luck to you and yours!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

Sean... youre doing it right bro! i am in the SAME predicament as my ol lady is getting ready to move because of the army to Colorado. i did the same thing.. look around on the net, talk to people on here (THANKS SJRABBIT! ive got a shop in Castle rock- red sky tattoo-) and ill be starting AS soon as i get on the ground (as best as planned...) what i did as well was all the above! call a couple times talk to the other artists, just bulls&!t if you can.. ask them if they are happy.. stuff to just be yourself.. hell when i moved here to richmond almost two years ago, i was in the totally same predicament all too many people come in and bulls&!t.. bring your portfolio, bring your machines. bring sketches, drawings, hell sculptings!! whatever! show that you have drive and motivation and that you can be trustworthy.. youll be fine.. and ultimately talk to the boss and see what you can bring to the table! as far as efficiency, or what you know or do differently.. who knows!!

anyrate.. honesty and trustworthiness is KEY in this industry, and its always better than a tweaker scratcher ANYday.. (which i know you are not.. ) GOOD LUCK BRO!! and keep us all in the loop with what you find!!!

Ryan "cactus Jack"
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:13 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

I moved from florida to houston tx to texas body art.
I would call them and give them a website if you have one or if not like they said, send an email with your work and what not, then if you can fly over meet them see it in person and go for it if its what you were looking for.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, finding, moving, state, work