Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 09-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Recruit

Default I need some help from the group here please...

I am writing an article on whether or not penalties for animal cruelty should be more severe. Brandon and I both say yes absolutely they should be more severe, and I am wanting feedback on why they should be more severe and what they should be. I am looking for serious feedback only. I know this is a sensitive subject for a lot of us, but I've got to keep things on a professional level so that the readers will take me seriously. Thanks!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Default Re: I need some help from the group here please...

Hi Emily I am going to move this thread over to the Pitbull section of the forum, but would more than happy to help get you some information.

Edit: It has been moved and this is the location it will stay.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Last edited by Nicole; 09-13-2011 at 08:40 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Private

I believe they need to be a lot more serious. In Ohio we have multiple people that are going to court currently for animal abuse and cruelty, some on multiple counts and repeat offenses, and it is barely a misdemeanor charge. 18 months in jail maybe. So I think the laws definitely need looked at. Animal abuse is the same as child abuse in my book, and in multiple instances leads to violence toward other humans. Almost if not all serial killers had those moments of pleasure derived at the torture and killing of animals.
A more sever punishment would possibly deter others from doing it as well as slow repeat offenders. Also not allowing any of them to own animals would be a good punishment. Make a thing for those people just like they have for pedophiles and sex offenders. A national database of registers animal abusers.
I think these people need a lot more than parking ticket sized fines and maybe a few months in jail. They need actual sentences. Although I was assaulted and hospitalized and the (expletive deleted) only served less than half his 3 + year sentence. So punishment in general needs looked at. Maybe we as a nation should become more reliant on the vigilante justice ideal. People would learn from their mistakes. Or go back to when punishments were severe. We let criminals get away with so much and most people in power don't see animals on the same level as themselves. That is sad. My pets are my family. Like my children or brother and sisters. If someone tortured my kids I would want them to get more than a damn slap on the wrist.
I could go on about how the justice system fails in its punishments, but I will try and keep it on track. The system in general needs fixed. People that own pit bulls and live in stupid places get harsher fines and more flack than people that kill animals. It is a sad state of affairs.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Recruit

Thanks Nicole, I see that someone has replied to it here. Can you help me to get to where you are going to re-post this so I will know where to look for any other responses. I talked to Brandon earlier today and he suggested I post something here. I frequently write articles on Pit Bulls and I volunteer online for Tia at Villalobos...
Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

From our Facebook Account
http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-or...e/114118794399

Greg N Deb
I am going to answer this question here because the thread was moved somewhere... I think that there should be stiffer penalties for animal cruelty because it is a known statistic that people who abuse animals, have already, or go onto abuse humans! If you have seen a person abuse an animal, You can absolutely bet that the person is abusing their family members..so keep a watch out for those family members, as well as, the animal!! With stiffer penalties hopefully it would make some of the abusers think first, before they act.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.vickdogmovie.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Recruit

Sorry I don't know where the other thread is, so I'll post here and hope you get it....
Tribal, up there, said just about everything I would have said.
One thing ppl don't ever seem to say or think about...in the eyes of the law anyway, is that animal abuse is not abuse to Property..it's abuse to a Life. Like someone mentioned above. I equate it to child abuse, too. And innocent, helpless *Living Being*. A slap on the wrist with a fine of, what?, $1000-1500 and/or a year in jail....usually less, if at all. The consequences are in No way stiff enough. The fact that Michael Vick was allowed to have animals again, from permission of the USHS Blows my Friggin' Mind! PPl say he "Paid his dues". WHAT!? Drowning...electrocuting...etc.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Private

I'm agree with your point, but i don't know how to help you?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 AM
Private

I'm agree with your point, but i don't know how to help you?

http://www.tattoodiy.com
Old 09-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Recruit

Hey Nicole, I am frustrated about how to get to the new thread on this...
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

This is the new thread dear. I am sorry for the confusion. Ihad moved it from our General area, to this pitbull section. You are all set for the location of the forum.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.vickdogmovie.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Tags
group