Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Black inks

i agree, i have used spaulding, moms, stable, waverly, intense, starbrite stuff i mix and have no problem with them, it's all a matter of application. but the longevity of the inks properties has nothing to do with the way it is put in the skin.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
i think anyone can use almost any ink and make a tattoo look good immediately; the healed results and longevity of the inks are what really matter, if cheaper inks meet those standards as well, then more power to em. Now a good percentage has to do with application, but if application is there: pigments have to do the other half of the work.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Private

i use one for solid black and for grey it is great real smooth but not for lining i have seen it healed and from time to time the lines bleed out, when at the time of the tattoo it looked fine, not sure of the reason for this anyone else know?
sumi i use for lining but for grey it is a little choppy probally makes no sense but i know what im trying to say.
i think you can tell when your tattooing if a ink is not working, i used a starbrite turbo black once and it was dump but tribal black from them is fine. sorry for the ramble

Last edited by gruff55; 10-31-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

ive used one for about 2-3 years and never had problems with is, if i wasnt using waverlys black or dynamic ide use one ink.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Private

Just tried waverly's new black...AMAZING!!!...Y don't people talk about NAtionals black It's like prolly the dopest black out there...But I'm really diggin the new Waverly black Ive only done 2 tattoos with it so far (just got it today)
Old 11-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Field Marshal

waverly is gonna corner the market and weed out all the fly by nighters. giving a s&!t about what you are doing is a true key to success.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Field Marshal

i just got the dynamic last week and it's pretty decent. since i've been using one for a while, i'd say it's comparable at a much better price. but i still have to see a large field healed before i'll give it the full ok.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Private

I still think for the price National is great....Yea I use dynamic from time to time too...I use alot of blacks Just to mix it up...I've had the best results with National (triple Black) One, and Tony Bennets...Also That Ne Waverly is dope too.

Tags
black, inks