Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Field Marshal

Default A message from STUART MEARS, TATTOOJAM UK

from Stuart mears, President of Jazz Publishing and Owner of TattooJam UK

Despite all the s&!te I have had to read, hear and deal with for the last month. Despite all the questions my colleagues here have had to unnecessarily answer. Despite the immigration being tipped off about overseas artists coming over. Despite someone who owns a tattoo studio in Doncaster as well as several other studios (there’s hypocrisy right there for you!) phoning up the council and shouting and screaming at them down the phone a day before we opened, trying to close the show down. Despite the alleged boycott by artists of the show (I think you saw that was not true). Despite traders (of which there was only one who did) being told to pull out because of being given false facts. Despite good people within this industry being pressured and condemned for working Tattoo Jam. Despite several key staff being ill and unable to work the show. Despite me being led to believe that I was personally going to be presented with a whole load angry folk (there was not one either during the pre-show party, the event itself or the after show party, NOT ONE). Despite ALL of this…

…I am pleased to say TattooJam was awesome!

A big thank you to the guys here at Jazz who helped organise another great show, proud, very proud indeed. Thank you to our Judges (Paula, Sly, Rebecca, Matt & Sam) who dedicated some of their time to make some tough decisions. Thank you to the racecourse and their staff who once again were as helpful as ever (Big thanks to Louise, Rob and Dave). Thank you to all our contractors again for a smooth set up and break down (Big thanks to Woz and Simon). Thank you to two of my mates who helped organise the Battle of the Bands, Sam and Arun - thanks dudes.

The guys who have been in the firing line for the duration of this show, Shelley, Wendy M, Wendy L and Dee, I seriously cannot thank you enough for your help. A big ‘Big’ thank you to Louis Molloy for accepting and dealing with the many requests from Shelley, and the help and support you have given her and this event. Thank you.

Thanks to our sponsors – your support is hugely appreciated as ever – and we hope to work with you again in the future.

Thank you to all the people who gave their time and got involved in the ARTIST FriDAY seminars. Thank you to all the artists / traders / vendors who worked the event and ignored the terrible rumors. Thank you to Paula for organising the art display, Michelle and her team from 20/21 Visual Arts and Willy and Tony who brought along their Tattoo Museum which was just incredible!

Thanks to Jane and Steve from Doncaster Council who aided us in keeping the right side of the miles of red tape – not easy with over 350 stands! You had a tough job and we really appreciate your patience with us… also thanks to Alexander from Prowess PR who helped us in coordinating the huge media and press attention and coverage we received.

I hope I have not missed anyone out but to anyone that helped out this weekend in making it the success it deserves, thank you.

Congratulations to all of you who won awards from the Industry Awards on Friday night, the Tattoo Jam show awards and the Battle of the Bands. Details and pics will be on our website for you all to see very soon.

Despite some peoples thoughts, attendance was up by 18% overall, with Sunday being our busiest day and 22% up year on year!

It was good to meet up with many people again (new and old) and thanks for your kind words and constructive comments. The standard, as ever, from the working artists was incredible and it was an honour for us to have so many artists that have never visited the UK before. Plenty of funny stories, too!

The plans that we put in place for this years event were overall successful. The Artists only lounge, bigger bar area on the 1st floor, more food options, the outdoor stage for the bands (much better!), the photo-booth set up, these were just some of the improvements made.

We never rest on our laurels though, and if you have any thoughts for improvements for next years show please let us know here: www.tattoojam.co.uk/questionnaire

Thank you,

Stuart

OH! I almost forgot… We smashed the World Record too!!!!! TattooJam is now ‘officially’ the world record holder for the most people tattooed simultaneously… thanks to Mia who traveled up from Guinness offices in London to adjudicate and to those who helped count!

Last edited by BRANDON BOND; 08-19-2010 at 11:42 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: A message from STUART MEARS, TATTOOJAM UK

For those who are unaware, many attending artists were forewarned not to come. Right at the last minute, it was chaos, however I have to say that Tattoojam, Stuart, Shelly, etc did the absolute BEST they could under the circumstances. It was tense at times, and many people obviously misunderstood what was happening. Rumor and speculation began to flow faster. And I assure you it is just that, rumor and speculation.

It was a rough weekend for them, and they lost a few key staff members just before we (300+ Artists) started to arrive. Promises were made, and unable to be fulfilled, yes. HOWEVER, what I saw personally was Stuart and Shelly doing the absolute best they could with what they had. I saw a successful convention, and a lot of incredible tattooers, doing incredible tattoos. I saw a genuine honesty in Stuart's eyes, and as a result we fulfilled our commitments with blinding intensity. And had a great weekend.

I would like to publicly THANK Stuart Mears and his lady Shelly, for doing the best they could with what they had. The "hater war" and speculation abounds, and I am, and always have been, unbothered by it. People like to tear down monuments of success, because it makes them feel better about their own mediocrity. If I am flawed, I wish for you to be flawed, somehow justifying my own inadequacies. Don't let it get to you guys. It was a great show.

I was concerned about being drawn into the "Internet drama" I was seeing prior to my flight associated with all of the rumor surrounding Jazz Publications etc, and we have already seen that occurring, unfortunately. People love a good burning session, rumor, speculation, and exaggeration lead to legend in many cases, so have no fear Jazz guys, this too shall pass.

Also I would like to thank you for my awesome award. That is awesome. Never having been to the UK prior to this convention, it is inspiring and wonderful that you guys had such an awesome surprise for me. Thank you, I have worked extremely hard, and to be recognized for it means a LOT to myself, my family, and my studio. Tattoojam will be forever represented in my private collection in my private studio, the award is a cool lookin' sculpture, with a GUN! Ha! Don't let the bastards get you down!

xoxo-BB

--

Brandon Bond

2569 South Cobb Dr.

Smyrna, GA 30080

(770) 435-9966

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.atlantatattootv.com
www.tattooingatlanta.com
www.antiartelite.com
www.antiartatlanta.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.brandonMFbond.com
www.tattooingtheworld.com
www.antiartelite.net
www.manciatattoos.com
www.vincevillalvazo.com
www.myspace.com/brandonbond
www.myspace.com/brandonmfbond
www.myspace.com/atlantaart
www.myspace.com/antiartaon
www.myspace.com/strangleholdmerch
www.facebook.com/allornothingtattoo

Last edited by BRANDON BOND; 08-18-2010 at 10:17 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i hate on haters hahahahaha.....glad they pulled it off dude

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Field Marshal

actually at one pub I did have some amazing fish and chips, so everyone stop getting mad at what I said about your food hahahaaa
Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Recruit

Great convention, but the food was s&!t !!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Recruit

I really enjoyed tattoo jam, all the tattoo politics spoilt the run up to it but the show itself wasnt overly affected at all. I am sure some will disagree.

But on a lighter note the pie mash and peas at the show was well good
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Field Marshal

Hey BROKEN! post your tattoo pictures!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Field Marshal

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.
Frederick Douglass
Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Field Marshal

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
Frederick Douglass
Old 08-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Recruit

Hey Brandon. Glad you like them. Here are the portraits

Tags
bond, brandon, convention, doncaster, england, europe, fest, haters, magazine, mears, message, rockstar, rumor, skindeep, stuart, tattoojam