Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Corporal

Default Bad Habits of Tattooers (money making thread)

I noticed this at the Phila. Con, than today walking around the city. Every shop had a slew of dudes with starbucks coffee. None were tattooing. Get a coffee maker for the shop, keep your dough in your pocket. Make a lunch. I always see dudes ordering out all day every day. Pack your lunch!Worry less about what tattooers will think and worry about what your client thinks. They are wearing the tattoo not you.

GO!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Bad Habits of Tattooers (money making thread)

agreed! at previous shops i worked at there would be artist that brought in mad money but were completely broke everyday cause they spent all their money on dumb things.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Platoon Sargent

Very true statement, it takes some self discipline though, I've been guilty of the same thing at airbrush shops I've worked at. Its really easy to just grab some loot and run out the door or just order out. Very true indeed. Save bread for equipment instead of food.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Corporal

Save bread for bread, and bills. Save, don't buy a new car.

FTW
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Private

I like to save my money to give back to the community. I support single moms by forgoing starbucks and giving the money to strippers.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Platoon Sargent

LMAO!!! funny s&!t dude......
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Private

tattooers and strippers are guilty of the "easy come easy go" money theory.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Platoon Sargent

IDK with my experience with business, you gotta spend ONLY what you NEED and put the rest up, becuz your shop, or store isnt gonna have people stocked to the walls buying s&!t everyday, so to weather the storm stack that money! I agree with Los I was at the Phila convention and saw nothing but Starbucks and carryout food containers, but I guess those artists got it like that, business must be gnarly in there state I presume. Then again alot of artists I know blow cash just becuz they think they can replenish it later on that day and it never goes that way ever. I got an idea..tattoo a woman that can cook her ass off and try to get her to cook you s&!t and bring it to you, you look like a pimp and saving money all in the same hand!!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Platoon Sargent

When traveling conventions an artist wants it to seem as close to a vacation as possible so sometimes they use this time to personally pamper themselves. For most, this is the only true vacation they get all year. What you see them doing there usually isn't a typical day of work.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Platoon Sargent

True, I guess I have to be part of this industry to fully understand, but some of the actions I saw was a little overdone, especially knowing the field we're in and how money can dry up a bit. But good point dude.

Tags
bad, habits, making, money, tattooers, thread