Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Is this a normal apprenticeship?

awesome.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Private

Those sound like some pretty harsh conditions Bro. Definatley have to stand up and decide your next move. If you feel its affecting your art in a negative way, than do what you have to do to rectify it. In the end if you have to go, then go. Thats definatley not how things work at AON. We all keep ourselved pretty motivated (artists as well as apprentices) and everyone thrives on doing better work FOR THE CLIENT! Don't let him bring you down, if you are better then that. Customer service is a tool you want for this industry, it will do you wonders. I'm sure if you observe the situation, you'll make a decision.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Field Marshal

the owner of the last shop i worked at would say, "we only tattoo white trash with money and that's all we'll ever do." so i quit. money is nice, but not my motivation. better art = satisfied customer and artist and better pay. it's a no brainer those who care enough about what they put out.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
money is nice, but not my motivation. better art = satisfied customer and artist and better pay. it's a no brainer those who care enough about what they put out.
Yea man, I hear ya...we had a lady come into our shop the other day telling us about how she went to another local shop and they told her that they didn't give a damn about how her tattoo looks, they're only in it for the money. I was always more into the art side of it...the money is great, but if you do good work and care about your clients, you'll get more clients and make more f@#kin' money!
I always try to put out the best tattoos I can, even if it's something I personally wouldn't get on myself. It's important enough to the client to get it on them for the rest of their lives, then it should be important enough to me to do the very best that I can, each and every time.
Now I'm not saying I'm badass or anything, as a matter of fact, I've only been tattooing a couple of years. But I care about the work I do and I care if my clients are happy with what I've done for them. Now I have a s&!tload of clients that come back looking for me to do more on them because I did a good job and I treated them with respect and kindness.
So yea, do your best, care about what you do and the money with f@#kin' role on in. I feel that if you're in this gig only for the money, than you're only gonna end up broke with a s&!tty reputation.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Field Marshal

do it for the right reasons, and take no prisoners.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:32 PM
DiQuartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsavvy87 View Post
thanks so much for the advice! It was hard for me to realize that i wasnt giving up, just moving on to better things. I have left that shop and I am much happier now. I will begin my search for a new apprenticeship soon!
I'm glad to hear ya made the decision thats right before. As we've all said in another post just today, there are good apprenticeships and there are bad ones. If you spend too long at a bad one it's that much longer before you get on your way with a good one. No point in sticking around where you won't be learning anything. There is a big diff between "giving up" and doing whats best for you and your chosen path.

Keep us informed for sure!

Tags
apprenticeship, normal