Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Dripping member...yuk
Private

Default Hints Needed Please.

Could do with some help with this please.

I have been asked if I could Tattoo Da Vinchi's Virtruvian Man, but I'm a tad worried about the big ass circle around the outside. How the hell do you do such a big perfect circle on someone??

I have been looking at some Virtruvian Tattoos ion the interweb, and it seems a lot struggle with this circle.

He wants it A4 size on his ribs.

Any Tips appreciated...

Last edited by sijohnson; 01-12-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Hints Needed Please.

WTF cant I snd you a P.M.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Dripping member...yuk
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
WTF cant I snd you a P.M.
I dunno, i cant send em either...
Old 01-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Private

as the old timers would say,i can't guarantee its gonna be a perfect circle!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Corporal

I' pre-line and go back into it to make it the desired thickness. It's the ribs anyways......just tell your customer you ain't a copy machine and let him know what can happen.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Dripping member...yuk
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by aivanne View Post
I' pre-line and go back into it to make it the desired thickness. It's the ribs anyways......just tell your customer you ain't a copy machine and let him know what can happen.
Yes i'de pretty much thought that was the way to go, other than a large compass....lol
Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Private

Do the circle in small arcs, if you try and do big arcs you arm tends to pull in the arc to tight towards the end of the arc. My art teacher at school taught me to always keep my eyes on the stencil line abit in front of were your needles actually are in the skin to focus on were you are going not were are and your hand just follows were your eyes are ploting the line ahead to get smooth flowing lines.

Last edited by Eternal-Designs; 01-16-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Old 01-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Corporal

I JUST did a Vitruvian woman on a guys back. I just went for it, on the circle, but I guess I would probably do what aivanne said, just run it thin and quick and then go back and take your time on it.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Dripping member...yuk
Private

Cheers for the help everyone

xx

Tags
hints, needed