Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-27-2008, 02:17 AM
LBT

Default tattoo equipment for all

So we have a shop nearby who is selling machines,starbrites and premade needles to anyone who wants to buy. We have also been seeing many cases of infections from a nearby shop, after doing some research I am thinking they have been staph. I want to add regulations in my county and also ban the selling of tattoo equipment to nonprofessionals, do any of you know where to start with this? I am guessing I will have to write the health officer/ director of my county, I have never done anything like this before but I am getting sick of seeing all the s&!t!!! Any advice??

Thanks!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 AM
goatse enthusiast
Corporal

Default Re: tattoo equipment for all

start a petition-

then bring it over to your district rep-

tattoo or die
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Corporal

Where money lies, honour dies!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
LBT

what do you suppose my goal should be for a petition....i mean quantity wise? tattoo shops and public or just shops?

Last edited by LBT; 05-27-2008 at 02:02 PM..
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
'Speak Your Mind'
Private

The majority rules, so "the more, the merrier" I'd start with other shops and artists in town, see if they'd be willing to leave a copy of the petition at their shop to get involvement from their own clients. That way you start with people who already know and care, who can then go on and spread the word for you as you make your own efforts.
By starting with other shops and artists in town, you can show them you care, as well as let them know who is the problem, (as in not necessarily them) and perhaps avoid any unnecessary drama that may stem from word getting to them incorrectly.
Good luck with
Old 05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
LBT

sweet! thanks for the input folks! this should be interesting...i hope im not getting in over my head!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:52 PM
goatse enthusiast
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraevil6666 View Post
Where money lies, honour dies!
True honor cannot be extinguished with money.

One is dishonorable if they feel their honor can be subjugated with cash.

tattoo or die
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Field Marshal

the s&!t of it is as long as they sell to someone over 18 technically they're not doing anything illegal anyone can buy the same kind of stuff on feeBay.

the only thing you can do is try to talk to them and get other shops involved, if they continue then they obviously don't care about their reputation with the tattooing community as a whole, then just get creative
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 AM
LBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
the s&!t of it is as long as they sell to someone over 18 technically they're not doing anything illegal anyone can buy the same kind of stuff on feeBay.

the only thing you can do is try to talk to them and get other shops involved, if they continue then they obviously don't care about their reputation with the tattooing community as a whole, then just get creative
it is legal because no one does much to change it...it is just as important to monitor this as it is to monitor alcohol and tobacco if not more as there is the great possiblity of spreading diseases and infections by scratchers!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBT View Post
it is legal because no one does much to change it...it is just as important to monitor this as it is to monitor alcohol and tobacco if not more as there is the great possiblity of spreading diseases and infections by scratchers!!!
i whole heartedly agree with you, but now we're talking about much larger regulations. the federal government has left it up to the states, some states leave it up to the counties, the problem is if the federal government starts to take over the regulations where do they stop. right now we need higher powers that understand the importance of the safety aspects of our industry without completely taking over and killing it simply b/c we're tattooed. How many heavily tattooed state senators do you see?

Tags
equipment, tattoo