Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Corporal

Default microphone tattoo

okay so heres a tattoo i did yesterday. its unfinished the guy needs to come back for color. sooo.. i am worried i used to much black in the microphone head although its supposed to be straight black. im gonna go from dark blues to light blue. i wanted the crown to sort of light the mic up but im unsure if i should go mono chromatic with that idea.. like have the mic all blue but on the edges be a bangin green for light source.. but the f@#kin crown is gonna be yellows brown and orange. does that not make sence. also the background wtf should i wanted it to pop off more.. but can think of anything but adding more black.
yes i know i need to see the Enchilada. im saving for that but i just but an eikon power supply this week since mine was screwed up.
ehh if you guy have time drop a comment i have about 2 weeks to figure out the best solution for color.

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: microphone tattoo

it depends on the look you are going for. someone once told me that a color piece should look finished when you put the black in. it doesnt look like too much black and will really add to the contrast if you use some variations of blue shade. i like adding a contrasting color outside the tattoo on the edges to make it pop. i think you have a good thing going with the red arrows, maybe add some softer fades out from some of the edges to give it a smidge of background...interested to see it finished.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Field Marshal

a bright contrasting color background will help bring it out, if you're doing blues/greens in the mic orange bursts in the background will make it sing.

don't skimp on the white too

this is a going to be a full color piece when finished we only had time to do the black similar to your situation. Keep in mind that there is a glowing light source directly in front of his face (a torch welder) hence all the black in the face.

Last edited by inkmunky; 03-01-2008 at 05:27 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Corporal

thanks for the help.. heres a pic of my first neck tattoo i did last saturday.

color was a puto on this one.. i told her we would do a touch up for the rose when it heals... the red was being a hoe bag. i still have a background for this one as well. first one.. wooohoo.

Last edited by amek; 03-04-2008 at 12:13 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Necks can be a b1tc4 sometimes, gotta stretch that s&!t tight.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Corporal

yea.. i was doing best but the girl is really fickle when coming to sitting still.. she moves constantly and giggles all the time.. so i have to stop frequently.. like every 20min or more.. how would you guys handle that ? i get frustrated and i cant since its my job etc.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

I think the best thing I've ever seen was = my friend tattooing a girl who was moving alot, so he takes a break, during the break he gets paper and a pen, tells girl to write her name, when she starts writing he started moving the paper , alot, she complained that she couldn't write with the paper moving, a-ha he says, she was very still afterwards.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Corporal

hahah thats hella funny. i might have to use that one.. or just dry wipe through out the tattoo.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
General JackHammer
Corporal

nice tattoo fellows, i'll have to rember that one to..... also show those when there done
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Field Marshal

i had this happen today, on a neck actually....i say stop moving twice, then i say "if you move again, your tattoo will be ruined..." and they usually listen to that.

Tags
microphone, tattoo