View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Recruit

Default Lucky Seven. A sad story, working on a happy ending!

my husband and I just wanted to share with you the story of our new baby Pit Bull, Lucky Seven.

on saturday we went to walmart (im not even kidding, this is where we got him), and there were 2 young people sitting there with a box full of pups. we stopped to see them, as we had heard that they were going to be there with them. there was one shining little star in the bunch, a white and black spotted pit whose little tail was wagging like it was a machine on full blast! it was the cutest thing we had ever seen! you could see that he had been and was still living in pure FILTH. he even had dirt and feces around each of his little toenails. it was a terrible situation. we immediately took him. we drove directly to the vets and had him checked out. he had fleas crawling all over his face. he was full of round, hook, whip and tape worms. he also had Coccidia from the nasty environment that he was living in. 150 dollars later we were out the door with a medicated and partially clean new puppy. we brought him home and he was a happy little guy that was running in our yard and wagging his itty bitty taill nonstop. did i mention he was only 4 weeks and 6 days old and weighed a tiny 3.5 pounds?

at around 1am (while sleeping on the floor next to his puppy carrier so he wasnt alone) i woke up because he was breathing really heavily and i got scared and woke him up. he drank a little and then seemed to be fine. at around 11am he had a full blown seizure. i had to stick my finger down his throat and pull his tongue forward because he was choking on it and making the situation that much worse.

he got a bit better, then a few hours later he had a mini one again. i called the emergency vet, told them what happened and was going to bring him in. in between that time and before i was going to leave, he started screaming bloody murder. he had another seizure. he lost control of bodily functions, went stiff, and started shaking. his cries would have broken your heart. i rushed him to the emergency clinic where they ran tests on him. He is partially blind, will have seizures most likely for the rest of his life (the Coccidia may be the cause of that), and will be on meds for other illnesses for the rest of his life. pretty terrible way to start out a life!

through all this it was very clear what his name needed to be....Lucky Seven. we saw a bit of the show that you are in with the Vick pits that you rescued, and we wanted Seven to live on. Lucky because thats exactly what he is, and Seven so that he can take her strength and survive the pain and anguish he is going through right now.

just thought that you would like to hear our story, and the inspiration Seven is to us and our newest journey!!

Last edited by missheart721; 09-29-2008 at 12:03 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote